Luggage - 4 nights family of 3

Started by Ssscot, June 11, 2018, 11:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssscot

Hi
we are flying to DLP for the first time with Air France on a Disney package booked through Thomas Cook.
I have just noticed in the small print of our booking form that hold luggage is not included.

My question is from your guys experience would I be foolish to think I could manage the trip with only hand luggage. I am beginning to think it might restrict what gifts I might be able to bring back. I don't think space will be a problem but more any restrictions on what can go in hand luggage

Many thanks
John

bad-pink-tink

this is standard now on European short haul, no matter the airline. Having been to Disneyland Paris for a similar amount of days, I would advise paying for checked luggage.

When you fly with hand luggage only you are very restricted, remember ALL your toiletries, from shampoo to deodorant to makeup - foundation, moisturiser etc must all be under 100ml.

You should also check the size and weight of the hand luggage allowed on  your particular flight, so planes have smaller dimensions for hand luggage bags than others

Remember, if you fill your hand luggage on your outward journey, with clothes and things you need for Disneyland Paris, it leaves no room for any souvenirs. You would be surprised at how easy it is to fill that hand luggage bag.

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Ssscot

Thanks for your thoughts. This made up my mind so I've booked a hold bag though probably need 2 if my daughters trip to the Disney store s anything to go by  :o

John

Fixiepixie

We went 5nights and there are 3 of us. We checked on two suitcases and we needed it!
My son got some toys, teddies etc but his favourite things there were the bowls, and we loved the mugs.it was great to have the extra space and allocated weight to bring these home.
Also it depends what time of year you go -in the winter you will need more/thicker clothes, which take up space.

We used the extra space going over to pack snack bags for the parks which saved us a few quid during the day (and also meant my son had the snacks he liked and I knew he'd eat- he was 2and half at the time)

Pete's Dragon

I went once when my kids were 6 and 9, and we decided that everyone would take their own carry-on suitcase. Ended up that I had to somehow carry all 4 cases (stacked 2 high in both hand). Wouldn't do it again