If you could give a first timer one tip, what would it be...?

Started by Muz325, April 30, 2018, 06:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muz325

norhel

Quote from: Muz325 on April 30, 2018, 06:11:15 AM
Do some research to get an idea on what you want to do, and where stuff is.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

grovesie

Qscout

Make sure to get on the rides you want to go on, fastpass if you can to reduce queuing, but don't get stressed after all its a holiday.

If you don't get to see it all don't worry you can see it the next time you go. (and you will be back!"
Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???

JMB

If you're there for a few days, use the day of arrival to take a slow walk around disneyland Park.  Lap up the theming and atmosphere - for me that's what sets Disney apart from any other theme park.  The rides will still be there tomorrow.  2nd tip (I know you said one but) try the big rides while the parade is on, unless you're a massive parade fan and want to watch it every day, they tend to be a bit quieter

bensmum

Chances are you won't get everything done so don't stress about fitting everything in, enjoy and soak in the atmosphere.

DLPFanatic

take your time to take in the details. its a beautiful park. look up in the shops the ceilings are beautiful. look in all the shop windows in all the little allies in main street. soak up the atmosphere

tigger1974

Enjoy it for what it is - it's not rocket science it's a theme park. Don't worry about trying to see everything - you won't! Get a map and work out things that you cannot miss and make them your priority.
Sorry that is more than 1 tip  :-[

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Pete's Dragon

sugared_fae

Puffin

may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

HildeKitten

Do at least some planning beforehand. If only to have a list of things you definitely want to do, and to find out which things from that list will build up the biggest queues so you can do those first. That way there's a bigger chance you can do everything you want and quite a few things on top of that :)

Pamela

Actually, for my first time I found this forum and it has helped me a lot, so this forum would be my number 1 tip.

Also; Make sure to have lunch/dinner earlier than you usually would. During the usual lunch/dinner times, the restaurants are usually packed (great time to go on rides, though!) and you will NOT be able to find yourself a table.