Haitis Outpost suprise!!

Started by irishbhoy1888, May 19, 2018, 11:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

Listening to last nights event and the retheme of the outpost restaurant in Adventureland i noticed they where careful not to reveal the actual theme of the restaurant.
Its like they didn't want to give something away, I've then read the latest Disney and more blog which also hinted at a suprise, which reads 👇

"At Adventureland the Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost will close soon to be transformed with apparently a surprise too that will await us later, and will become a buffet restaurant."
Im thinking that suprise is the IJA attraction and that's why they won't announce the indy theme to the outpost until later.
The outpost is located perfectly to tie in with a mini indyland retheme.
All this after the rumors that the WDW Dino attraction is to be changed to IJA and they are splitting the budget with DLP.
What do you think folks?
P. S. Here is the link to the full Disney and more blog for anyone interested in reading it.
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.ie/2018/05/breaking-news-dlp-insideears-meeting.html?m=1

YenSidBot

Would love if they could incorporate a Moana theme to the restaurant . Such a popular movie , I need more Moana in my life xD
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

DLPme

The thing now is that I really believe in a Indie mini-land for Disney Paris now. With all these news we've received lately, Disney really shows that they believe in the Paris resort and take the competition from the other big European resorts seriously. Let's remember that the Paris resort for Disney is one of the best planned theme park resorts ever made. And even after years of bad operations, they still have the best foundation for getting everything up to the resorts potential.

With Disney now rebooting the Indy-franchise in a few years it would really make sense of them to put the big land they have left in Adventureland to use and give us all the Indy-adventures we deserve. Complete with a new restaurant!  ;)

NCC1701Q

I get that DLP wants to adapt the whole area to be more Indiana-Jonesy, but I really wonder whether it is smart to close a restaurant with quite a few tables at this time. I find it to become increasingly frustrating that around dinnertime (and also at lunch) the queues at almost all restaurants are so long, and there are so few tables!
Just a month ago we waited for almost 40 minutes at Toad Hall just to order, then had to wait another 10 to get our food only to find out there were no more free tables.

I get that there is some uncertainty in predicting how busy a day will become, but overcrowded restaurants really seem to be becoming quite a problem at DLP.

Rocketeer

Yup, it sounds like they could be going down the Indy theme route. Perhaps with a bit of the theming of the Skippers Canteen or Jock Lindsay's Bar?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

irishbhoy1888

Just imagine, temple du peril, IJA, and a indy restaurant 😯😦😀. That area would be perfectly complete imo.

samuelvictor

Slightly off topic but whilst talking about Indy - I would LOVE it if we got a version of Hollywood Studios Florida's Indy show. Its sooooooooo cool :) There is actually enough unused space to incorporate it near Temple du Peril...

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: samuelvictor on May 21, 2018, 08:31:45 AM
Slightly off topic but whilst talking about Indy - I would LOVE it if we got a version of Hollywood Studios Florida's Indy show. Its sooooooooo cool :) There is actually enough unused space to incorporate it near Temple du Peril...

Their would not be enough space for IJA and IJ show theatre.
Ill take IJA thank you very much. 😁

samuelvictor

Oh yeah, I'm always up for a new dark ride, for sure!