Christmas trip 2018

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, April 07, 2018, 05:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

After last Christmas visit which didn't go according to plan (my son was poorly) we've booked a 4 night stay at the DLH we really would like to see and do all the Christmas shows as we only managed to see the Tower of terror projection show last time and maybe 3 rides as spent the majority in the SL hotel room.

I'm very excited but I want to have an idea of what to do so we don't miss anything. So any information on Christmas yet? Will it be similar to last years events? Also how long prior do you get a space for the parade we've still yet to see the new parade and I really don't want to miss it again.

The prices for cafe Mickey look steep and on par with DLH is it worth it? My son is a right fuss pot and won't eat the buffets he has autism and will only eat nuggets or fish and chips when we're there.

Any tips or suggestions I would really appreciate I'm thinking of having a rough itinerary for this trip in the hope we won't miss anything aslong as my son is well of course fingers crossed

DLPWonders (Banned)

There has been no information on it yet, and there won't be until at least August/September.
Parade wise it's the same as always: the longer you wait, the better your spot will be.
Half an hour waiting upfront minimum.

Café Mickey isn't on par with DLH by a long shot.
In fact, it's probably one of (if not the) worst restaurants at the entire resort.
Still beats me why they ever thought that they could up the price that much.
But DLH buffet has nuggets and fries.
And Café Mickey doesn't do nuggets or fish and chips.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou for your informative reply we will book the DLH buffet then we're staying there anyway I was shocked at cafe mickey prices and not so shocked as there was no long line outside like we'd normally see back before it all changed.

We plan to do the main parade the first day we arrive and will get there early as you suggested