pin trading nights

Started by DLPFanatic, April 15, 2018, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPFanatic

hi all.
I'm looking information on the pin trading nights that happen in the hotel. I believe they happen on the last Friday of some months. Someone said something about getting a wrist band at 12.30 and coming back at 5.30. can anyone clarify what exactly happens at these? my daughter would love to attend one but as a green pass holder I need to know exactly what to do or all hell could break out lol

SJH1979

We have just returned from an amazing 5 days at DLP.
My boys love the pin trading, though we have never managed to book on a pin trading evening.
I have to say that this trip was somewhat disappointing in terms of the pin trading enthusiasm. My boys have always taken pins to trade, and up until this trip, they have always had a positive experience with it.
This time unfortunately was different. Being young boys, they're not 100% sure of which staff/cast members will trade and which will not. Many times staff just shook their heads and said 'no sorry'. Many cast members wore pins that they are personally attached to, and will only offer a couple. The last 2 days, they didn't even want to wear their lanyards because they were turned down so many times.
Maybe the pin trading has had its day  :(

polar vixen

If youre there over a weekend when the pueblo pin trading post is open thats pretty good. The woman in there nadia was really good with my boys esp. When she found out they had autism. Went above and beyond to accomodate them

DLPFanatic

SJH1979 I went over Easter weekend and also found it disappointing. Hardly any cast members were trading. The Buzz Lightyear shop was always one of the best and not one CM was trading  :(   we found the shop in Frontierland was the best for trading this time. I wish more CM traded.
this is why we want to get to an event. we did manage to get to the trading post and some guys where there with their pin books.