Vegetarian Dining

Started by Qscout, March 08, 2018, 05:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qscout

We are going to DLP in mid April and are both vegetarian. We have got half board plus meal plan and are trying to find out the best dining options.

It seems to me that the best thing to do is go for the buffets as you get a better chopice and can pick and choose what you take, however, I can't find anywhere that lists what types of food are in the buffet. Can anyone help with this? Even just a rough idea of vegetarian dishes available.

Or even any recommendations for dining.
Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???

pinkprincesspins

I'm vegetarian and always survive. There aren't that many veggie options at the buffets but enough that I still book a meal plan. Very basic though, pasta and red sauce, cheese pizza, salad etc. I had a LOVELY veggie meal at Chez Remy's though. It was a stew that I would never order at home but was the only veggie option and it was delicious!!! Very different to elsewhere. Also for some reason I loved the veggie burger at Cafe Hyperion (just a vegetable and potato style patty but so good)
Hope this helps!!

Disneydanseur

Ive eaten at both plaza gardens and agrabahs cafe and had no problems being vegetarian :) i was actually pleasantly suprised about how many choices I had. My mum is veggie too and she was also please. Im vegan now, so not sure how great it would be now, but thats another story.

mickey1980

+1 for Agrahbah Cafe. Lots of veggie options  ;)
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Qscout

Thanks everyone,

I think we will stick to the buffets then. They seem best value for money as well as having the options. Don't really like the idea of only having one option in the restaurants, and to be honest then don't seem to us to be that appetising either.

Though might need to check out the counter service veggie burgers at other times.

Kyriad Apr 08
Hotel Cheyenne Dec 09
Hotel Santa Fe Apr 11
Pop Century WDW Apr 17
Hotel Cheyenne Sep 17
Newport Bay Apr 18
Hotel New York Dec 18
Coronado Springs WDW Apr 19
Newport Bay Dec 19
Newport Bay Sep 20 Covid  Cancelled
Newport Bay Dec 21 ???

AJDisney

Just to say, the veggie menu recently changed very slightly at Chez Remy. I didn't like it when I visited in January. It was watery, bland and a tiny portion!

Best veggie meal I've had at DLP was Captain Jack's! The start and main = amazing!
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Nioli

If you're ever looking for a good Veggie counter service option the Loaded Fries at Fuente del Oro in Frontierland are amazing!

Billiebelle

I've been a few places whilst eating vegetarian only - I found it pretty easy everywhere, although it was quite difficult in Cape Cod (mainly to resist any temptation as I miss seafood!)

Restaurant des Stars, Plaza Gardens, Agrabah Cafe, Sequoia Lodge's restaurant were all fine to eat at. Mostly potato dishes, some pasta, pizza, etc... they do an amazing veggie pie in restaurant des stars that is amaaazing with their mash. ❤️ Also the main thing is that, as far as I could see, pretty much all desserts were veggie lol