Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn investment announcement

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), February 27, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravenseye

Sadly, no. Only manual wheelchairs for hire. TWDC will change that, for sure.
Thanks for highlighting that vid, I watched with great interest, soooo exciting!!
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Rocketeer

A slightly more detailed plan for the expansion has been published.

Image attached below (C) Disney and/or respective owners.

From the presentation document, they state that..

- Of the €2bn total budget announced in February, €1.5bn is to be spend on expanding the Studios.
- €500m of that €1.5bn budget is for new construction, the remainder (€1bn) is for the attractions.
- Work on the first of the four phase plan is due to commence in December '19 - with 2025 as the expected completion date.

[attachment deleted by admin]

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Ravenseye

Thanks for the update. 2025? That'll defo give me enuff time to save up for a visit!! :D
Disneyworld 1990

Rocketeer

Yeah I was surprised at '25 being the completion date. Looks like they plan to open a phase each year - which is what they did with Hong Kong Disneyland and it's three land expansions.

Combine tha time frame with what was speculated in July...

I. Marvel Land (c. 2020/21)
II. Studio Lake (c.2021/22?)
III. Frozenland (c.2022/23)
IV. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (c.2024)

I believe that was estimated when we thought that RnRc would close this year. As the start date is December '19, you can nudge those dates a little and '25 makes sense.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Ravenseye

Aha, yes! December '19 as a start seems odd in a way given the harsh French Winters. Anyhoo, I look forward to seeing progress.
Disneyworld 1990

Rocketeer

ED92 has a brief summary of new details of the plans..

QuoteDavid Wilson (WDI-DLP) reveals NEW WDS Expansion details in interview:
- Lake used for day+night shows
- Marvel Land "The Avengers' European HQ"
"A 3D world were Characters live, work, and recruit new heroes"
- Immersive eateries "where superheroes eat"
- Arendelle recreated

MildlyArtistic

I was hoping the Marvel Land would be given a cool backstory like that! Really looking forward to it as a life-long Marvel fan.

Rocketeer

^I just hope it actually delivers. The rumours of what DCA is getting are quite underwhelming - so I've not got much hope for WDS.

MildlyArtistic

Rocketeer

Well there are just rumours, but they are supposed to be having:

Phase I
- a Spiderman Midway Mania style attraction.

- a Dr. Stange stage show 'experience' (maybe like the Jedi Academy)

- an Ant-Man micro brewery and counter service eatery

Phase II
- Avengers E-Ticket rollercoaster

Again, these are just rumours.

MildlyArtistic

Wasn't there also a rumour regarding a possible Spider-Man rollercoaster, due to Disney filing a patent for a swinging rollercoaster?

Jules Verne

When we knew that Disney were going to expand marvel into the park i thought this is a great opportunity really beef up WDS and potentially make it the the best marvel type of land since the Paris park doesn't have the same restrictions as the USA parks.

I think the most obvious and financially sound choice to make would be attractions based on
- The avengers team
- Iron man
- Spider man

These are the most popular characters that cross many age ranges but outside of that their needs to be room for expansion based on characters that dont exist yet or will me introducing soon such as X-men and Fantastic Four and if they choose not to recast Iron Man etc and move on with different characters they need to have the opportunity to expand on them.

I think for setting it would be nice if they could have New York since 99% of Marvel characters originate from there and the style of Hollywood boulevard/ToT would blend nicely with a New York style.
The original (and still used) base of operations for the Avengers was a mansion were they'd have meeting and breakfast together and I'd love it if they could bring this as a place to eat with a meet and greet

A lot of people choose to go to WDW over DLP because they see it as inferior or they dont have unique rides and this is a really good opportunity to make WDS and DLP stand out and get people in and spend money.

Rocketeer

^Well it has been suggested that each Marvel attraction is unique to each park - characters only exist in one location. In other words, there will be an Ant-Man attraction in HKDL it will not be replicated elsewhere.

However that argument falls flat if RnRc becomes an Iron Man coaster, as HKDL has the Iron Man Experience.

Maybe the 'character rule' refers to just the attractions themselves. Which makes more sense - let's face it, there'd be a lot of disgruntled guests if you can only see Thor at DCA.

Quote from: MildlyArtistic on November 06, 2018, 11:45:55 PM
Wasn't there also a rumour regarding a possible Spider-Man rollercoaster, due to Disney filing a patent for a swinging rollercoaster?
That has been rumoured, yes. Not sure what the plans are for that.

It can't go in WDW (for now) as there's already a Spiderman attraction at Universal - plus the other contractual restrictions.
DCA is unlikely as the E-Ticket is supposed to be Avengers themed.
There's not been much, if any, talk of Marvel at TDL.
HKDL already has Ant-Man and Iron Man.
WDS seemingly only has plans for a theme overlay on an existing coaster.
Which leaves SDL. A likely candidate, but not any time soon.

Odd really. Maybe they were just filing a patent to prevent another park using a similar system?

Rocketeer

Few details from D23, mainly focusing on Avengers Campus - which I'm assuming the Backlot will get renamed.

Here's the presentation, showing what's happening (mainly at DCA). And I do wonder if the big Avengers E-ticket will eventually come to WDS?

https://youtu.be/ICN6dHHRceI

Jules Verne

I would of thought the Paris campus would of got more attention. With RnRC closing the Marvel land will be coming together very quickly and you'd think they'd want to promote that.

I was hoping that WDS wold be getting an a specific Avengers ride but if the Iron Man ride will have the other Avengers in it i don't see the point ....
unless someone has a good idea