Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn investment announcement

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), February 27, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: Thaliel on March 18, 2018, 03:11:33 PM
Quote from: Rocketeer on March 04, 2018, 07:25:28 PM

Quesion is, which character could they replace Stitch with?

NONE!

I need my cute, cuddly, blue alien fix

I second this motion. How very dare they take Stitch away. "Meega, nala kwishta!"

tigger1974

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on March 18, 2018, 07:16:28 PM

I second this motion. How very dare they take Stitch away. "Meega, nala kwishta!"

Totally agree -SAVE STITCH!
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

polar vixen

That would be easy to transfer though? Maybe the discoveryland theatre?

Rocketeer

Quote from: Bellefan on March 15, 2018, 05:07:11 PM
So will the SW stuff from DLP move into WDSP? I can't make out much from the concept art...
It's unlikely that Star Tours will be relocated. Galaxy's Edge Lite appears to have just the Millienium Falcon attraction - but that could change - just not with Star Tours in mind. They'll probably have an expansion pad for the land to add Battlestar Escape at a later date.

And if not, why not?
Cost mainly. I doubt they would move the existing attraction - especially as its still in good order. The €2.5bn would be better spent on the new attractions.
They can go with the angle that Star Tours can take you on a trip to a destination, whereas SW:GE is partly the destination.

However, that's not to say I think it should stay long term. There's plenty they can do with the land in that area of Discoveryland.

OR....and this isn't my opinion, but are they worried that people will see DLP as a "girls park" and WDSP as a "boys park"?
Well if they are, that's very short sighed of them. If anything they might want to promote the thrill ride aspect of WDS more.

I think the reason that Frozenland is going in WDS is not to balance out demographics - it's just down to space. Parc Disneyland probably doesn't have enough space for what they want to accomplish.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

Sort of related. It's been announced that DCA will also get a Marvel Land by '20. Guess they're able to save some by building it in bulk.

QuoteThe California Adventure expansion will open to guests in phases starting in 2020, with even more new experiences to follow.

The Guardians of the Galaxy will be joined by Spider-Man and the Avengers in what will become a completely immersive Super Hero universe. This new land will be anchored the popular Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, with new additions in the adjacent space that is currently occupied by "a bug's land." "It's Tough to Be a Bug" closed forever on March 19th to make way for this new heroic experience, the rest of the land will close late in 2018.
https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/breaking-marvel-themed-land-announced-for-disneyland-resort-a-bugs-land-will-close-soon/

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

Rumour - a WDS version of the Blue Sky Cellar (DCA's preview centre) coming to the park..

Quotea Blue Sky Disney area apparently will be created, using the post-show room of The Art of Animation attraction. It's of course not yet official, it might take at least one more year before the transformation of the post-show room begin, and questions also remain about the Art of Animation attraction itself as guests exit the attraction precisely through this post-show room.
Disney & More

For those who may not be familiar with the attraction, it's a showcase for upcoming works at the Disneyland Resort. The name and theming come from it being hosting in part of the Golden Vine Winery attraction.
Here's a video of one of the recent exhibits in the Cellar. Note that the theming will certainly change for WDS.
https://youtu.be/yFy1h6D9Kn8

SasaRaouii

Oh wow Thanks for the news

This my new Disneyland Paris Vlog from 27.04.2018 Enjoy it :)

like and subscribe please if you like it, thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcGF1Ghnjt8&t=207s

samuelvictor

The majority of this sounds amazing. I'm a huge Star Wars nut (also, I acted in Rogue One! Had 2 lines :P ) so the Star Wars stuff is very welcome - been longing to see it all at Florida, so to have it replicated clsoer to home will be a dream come true.

I'm intregued by the Frozen land and wonder what attractions will be there? The Frozen ride in Epcot is brilliant from a tech/animatronics perspective.

I have no objection to more Marvel themed stuff as long as they leave Tower of Terror alone.

I don't want to lose the post show of Art of Animation, its one of my favorite parts of the whole park. And if they remove Stitch, it darn well better be to add a bigger and better Stitch themed attraction! I need my little cuddly blue alien fix! (was gutted to not get to see the Stitch attraction in Florida, it kept being shut every time we were in MK :( )

MildlyArtistic

Quote from: samuelvictor on May 21, 2018, 08:38:59 AM

I'm intregued by the Frozen land and wonder what attractions will be there? The Frozen ride in Epcot is brilliant from a tech/animatronics perspective.

I have no objection to more Marvel themed stuff as long as they leave Tower of Terror alone.

I'm quite intrigued by the Frozen land. As much as I strongly disliked the film, the setting of the Kingdom of Arendelle sounds absolutely ideal for a land. Also unlikely to happen, but I'd love for the mountain to be used for a European version of Expedition Everest.

And regarding what you say about the Marvel land, I agree with you. I'm a huge Marvel fan, so I'm more excited about the Marvel Land than any of the other lands, but I don't want them to touch Tower Of Terror. Although I believe Disney backed off of re-theming the Tower Of Terror in Orlando due to the backlash after the DCA re-theme, so maybe the Paris one is safe too.

samuelvictor

Quote from: MildlyArtistic on May 21, 2018, 11:14:38 AM
Although I believe Disney backed off of re-theming the Tower Of Terror in Orlando due to the backlash after the DCA re-theme, so maybe the Paris one is safe too.
Oh, that's good news. It was definitely still ToT when I was in Orlando in January, hope it stays that way.

Rocketeer

I'd imagine the current look of the Tower is also better suited to projection shows than the DCA mess.

As for Frozenland attractions, well HKDL is getting a 'Wandering Oaken Sleigh Coaster' in '21/'22. Apparently it will be similar to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (MK/SDL).

Nothing confirmed for Paris, but I'd imagine that it's a safe bet for now.

They were due to have a 'dancing sleigh' attraction - which the coaster has replaced. I doubt that Paris would get that either, as it is similar to the Alien Spinner attraction suggested to be heading for Toy Story Playland.

samuelvictor

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 28, 2018, 11:55:56 AM
I'd imagine the current look of the Tower is also better suited to projection shows than the DCA mess.
I certainly hope they feel this way too ;)

Hmm, I googled a bit, and yes from the concept art for the HKDL one it does look similar to Seven Dwarves Minetrain. I didn't mind that ride in Florida, but would have preferred more animatronics scenes. The big bit in the middle was great, but for the rest of the ride it didn't feel all that heavily themed to be honest. Just a couple more story areas, like how Splash Mountain breaks it up, and I would have been more impressed.

Paris already has 2 mine-train style coasters with Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones, so I hope they add a lot of Frozen theming, characters and story if they do go with this route. As I said, I thought the animatronics and story telling of the Frozen ride in Epcot were top notch, possibly the best in all the Orlando parks.

Rocketeer

Good points on the AAs for the Mine Train. At a guess, I'd imagine that the interior portion will feature the Rock Trolls and if we're lucky Krisotff and Sven. The finale will probably have Oaken in some form. Just swtich out the Dwarfs Cottage for his Trading Post and "Oooh hooo" there he appears. :D

As for the other attractions, at least they're both in a different park. HK however has Big Grizzly Mt. which is not a million miles from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Although it's more of a thrill ride, whearas 7DMT is a little tamer.
https://youtu.be/KjNIrMMkiiE

samuelvictor

Hmm yeah that Grizzly mountain is very similar to both 7 Dwarves and Big Thunder but of course with the reverse and speed up near the end. Looks like a fun ride, but again from a themin perspective its a bit samey and hardly any AAs.

I don't want to give the impression that I didn't like the 7 Dwarves Minetrain, it was cool, but its just that after being hugely impressed with recent AAs in Frozen Ever After and Little Mermaid, and also finaly experiening Splash Mountain for the first time (it was my first proper visit to Flordia) it felt a little underwhelming from a purely "Disney" standpoint.

Rocketeer

Well think of it another way, the 7D Mine Train / Oaken's Coaster might not have many AAs, but you can bet that there'll be plenty in the main Frozen attraction. I don't think they've given any details on the HK version yet, but I can't see the coaster being the only ride. And the Norway Pavillion attraction is an overlay on the existing track, so not a huge amount of space.

Therefore, 'Frozen: The Ride' is bound to be laden with characters, and certainly more of a showpiece than the coaster.