Quick Service Breakfast

Started by dlpowl, January 13, 2018, 08:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpowl

Hi guys,

So we have the free half board for our next trip so we will get a breakfast voucher to use in the park.

Now, I'm a bit confused by some of the things I've read recently so I'm hoping some of you will know more!

How I understood it was that if you want the breakfast burger option, you can only get that in 1 place (used to be cafe Hyperion but now I believe it's En Coulisse in the studios) but if you were happy to just get the continental 'sweet' breakfast (2 pastries, juice, hot drink) then there were other restaurants you could use your voucher such as in Pizzeria Bella Notte and Market House Deli.  However, I saw someone say that your voucher could only be used in 1 restaurant (currently En Coulisse) regardless of which breakfast option you want.

So what has been your experience recently?  I'm really hoping we can grab the quick breakfast in the park!!  I know some hotels are also doing the grab'n'go breakfast but we are staying at the ranch so it might not be available there.  And driving down to the main area to collect it each morning would be time consuming. All info appreciated!

And the juice you get with your breakfast in the parks, is it in a lidded cup (like a McDonald's type drink cup) or is it in a screw top bottle like Tropicana?  Just wondering if we can chuck them in our bag for later!  Thanks

ChipandDale99

I also would really like to know more about the breakfast options at the moment for the free half board vouchers. Our vouchers say en coulisse but some people talk about the hotel grab and go. If anyone has any information or been recently any help would be really appreciated.

polar vixen

Don't know about the park options but people staying at the ranch we're supposed to be able to use their quick service voucher for the ranch breakfast. You could just take it in with you?

michie0106

Can't answer as to use in the park but on Wednesday I used my voucher for grab n go breakfast in New York Style sandwiches in Disney village.  Got a baguette with butter and jam, choice of croissant or pain au chocolate, a hot drink and choice of bottle of orange juice (screw top and bigger than McDonald's tropicana) or can of apple juice.  Croissant and bread were still warm. 

Was much nicer than in en coulisse - croissant was cold and i found the egg & ham burger quite sickly as they put cream cheese in it and wasn't very warm.  Heard someone ahead of us asking for 'no sauce' in it which is what I would do next time.

ChipandDale99

Quote from: michie0106 on February 02, 2018, 06:40:09 PM
Can't answer as to use in the park but on Wednesday I used my voucher for grab n go breakfast in New York Style sandwiches in Disney village.  Got a baguette with butter and jam, choice of croissant or pain au chocolate, a hot drink and choice of bottle of orange juice (screw top and bigger than McDonald's tropicana) or can of apple juice.  Croissant and bread were still warm. 

Was much nicer than in en coulisse - croissant was cold and i found the egg & ham burger quite sickly as they put cream cheese in it and wasn't very warm.  Heard someone ahead of us asking for 'no sauce' in it which is what I would do next time.
Thank you so much. This is really helpful. We like the sound of the grab and go breakfast as then it doesn't take time out of magic hours and we can choose which Paarl to go to

dlpowl

Quote from: polar vixen on February 02, 2018, 05:40:47 PM
Don't know about the park options but people staying at the ranch we're supposed to be able to use their quick service voucher for the ranch breakfast. You could just take it in with you?

Yeah, I've heard this too.  I'll come back and let you know if they give us this option.

dlpowl

Quote from: michie0106 on February 02, 2018, 06:40:09 PM

Great, thanks for this.  The grab and go sounds much better, even though my hubby is keen to try the egg bacon burger so we will have to do that at some point, it's not something that appeals to me.  Glad the juice is screw top too - we can save them for later!

Sandy.h

So did you go and find out about the grab and go breakfast voucher