just back from disney.

Started by FLOOKIE, May 29, 2007, 02:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLOOKIE

Hey everyone,we have just come back from dlrp this weekend after a weeks stay,and we had loads of fun.My 4 year old had an amazing time and i can honestly sat i did too!! We packed loads in and filled our days with as many rides as possible and it was made even better by the fact that my daughter is now tall enough for big thunder mountain,so we made the most of it and went on it at least 3 times a day,and she loves it,now saying she prefers it to buzz lazer blast!! The crowds were fairly thin so most of the week we were able to stay on rides for a second go without re queing,the only trouble being after 3 back to back goes on its a small world the tune sticks for days!! We were really lucky on three mornings as we were walking past the gate that the charecters come out of first thing to do their meet n greets,so my daughter had 6 of them to herself for a while untill other people realised they were there,which was great for us all.I definatly think it pays to catch the charecters first thing before they are hot and tired later in the day,it must be a nightmare in those suits in the heat, who wouldent get grouchy,so first thing they are happy to play and mess around with the children,as my daughter found out when pluto chased her around for 10 mins!!The castle looks great with all the statues on and the parades were great fun to watch,and thankfully because there was not that many people there the parades were comfortable to watch without the pushing and shoving we experianced at christmas.My daughter really got into pin trading this time,after having bought her a few last time and a few on ebay when we returned,she had more bought for her by her dad and even managed to swap 5 pins with cast members all on her own,which isnt bad for a 4 year old! So all in all it was a great week and we all enjoyed it imensley but i came home feeling like i need a holiday,a nice long one on a beach somewhere hot!!!!

Kristof

Quoteit must be a nightmare in those suits in the heat,

That's not really magicforum policy to refer to characters...  :wink:

pjulie75

What was the weather like?

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "FLOOKIE"the only trouble being after 3 back to back goes on its a small world the tune sticks for days!!

even walking past the ride gets it stuck in my head for a day or two :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

FLOOKIE

The weather was good all week apart from thursday night when we had a thunder and lightning storm like i have never seen before.The sky went black almost imediatley and the rain was hammering down,we didnt think it was going to stop,then there was thunder and lightning together for about an hour,it was so loud it was like a canon going off in your ear.We were stuck in the sports bar in the village,having just got there before it started.It had been a really hot day all day,so the rain was a bit of a shock.

pjulie75

Is it sunny enough for t-shirts and shorts for my kids?

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "FLOOKIE"The weather was good all week apart from thursday night when we had a thunder and lightning storm like i have never seen before.The sky went black almost imediatley and the rain was hammering down,we didnt think it was going to stop,then there was thunder and lightning together for about an hour,it was so loud it was like a canon going off in your ear.We were stuck in the sports bar in the village,having just got there before it started.It had been a really hot day all day,so the rain was a bit of a shock.

the same thing happened almost every evening when we went last summer one min it was great next it wasnt, got some awesome pics of the castle tho because everyone ran for shelter :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone