High lows

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, December 29, 2017, 07:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

So we was very excited to be visiting 22-24 December it was my baby girls first ever trip and we hadn't been since November the year before.

Dropped of bags at Disney express headed to the main park I couldn't believe there was no wait at the security check we went right on through picked up my sins easy access disabled pass then headed for small world, he went on in his wheelchair which makes things easier my daughter didn't know where to look! I was so happy just to be there! Then we did buzz lightyear laser blast as it's another wheelchair accessible attraction.

We was hoping to catch the parade but couldn't get a spot so both children could see so we went of to the hotel for dinner.

My son didn't eat a single thing which isn't uncommon because he can be fussy when we are away, it was just over €100 for the 3 of us my little girl only on purée and bottles ATM. I thought it was quite pricey considering but the food quality was good as was the service.

We were staying at the Sequioa lodge GF check in was quick, informative and easy. We had a fantastic lake view and all went to bed early ready for an early start Saturday morning. Unfortunately my daughters teeth played up for some time up until 2am then she settled then my little boy started being sick around 3am. He continued to repeatedly for 12 hours, he was hot and in slot of pain I knew this wasn't a bug, and what medicine he needed I rang the emergency number and explained his symptoms,disability and what I wanted to try and voila they sorted a prescription within 2 hours to collect from the hotel reception. It cost around €20 I couldn't believe how great this service was and wish I'd of known earlier it was only another person told me at the hotel thankfully.

I was extremely worried, spent most of the day crying and just trying to make him comfortable. After he had the med he looked slightly better but was still vomiting and I just couldn't bring the temperature down I ended up ringing the number back and they sent a doctor out (€70) but very good, during the examination he started to take some water and kept the paracetamol down and his temperature finally was ok he then ate and was almost back to himself. But the doctor called another doctor and the other doc called an ambulance. I didn't want to go to hospital he spends enough time in them in the UK I can see why they were concerned but this problem has occurred many times once the medicine kicks in and he eats/drinks it all stops and it's like he makes a miraculous recovery! We side stepped the hospital and by 6pm he was having his happy meal.

We decided to do ratatouille, magic carpet and studio tram tour as again all wheelchair friendly, and try to watch the Goofy fireworks Christmas show. It was 7.30 cold, but we was so happy to be out that room I went and got us all a hot chocolate and found a spot, it was very good and we all enjoyed it!
Back to the hotel hot baths and bed.

Last day and we sure wanted to make the most of it as we only really had 5 hours total in the park over the first 2 days.... we started in the main park net Marie from aristocats she was great, then buzz and if to fantasyland for small world and Casey junior my son loves this the cast member Parker his wheelchair close when we getting of which helped me to transfer him easily lovely lady! We then did Pinocchio all together my daughter enjoyed this, then dumbo.
Then we watched the Christmas parade which was excellent indeed! Made us all smile, the song was catchy and we were so happy we got to see it. Unfortunately we missed the main parade but we will return and see it! We tried to meet Mickey but all his reservations were gone for the day so we didn't get to.

We grabbed something quick from the Pinocchio restaurant then headed for the studios mainly for Mickey and the magician, kids loved it so did we. Magic carpet ride, ratatouille and itvwas time to go home. We tried to cram in what we could and enjoy the time.

The staff I have to commend from the hotel the efficiency of the Doctor and all that helped the service is great. Howcan  I add photos saying to large?

Zee79

So sorry to hear that your son was ill during the trip but glad to see he got better and you were able to to do and see some things. I'm due to go tomorrow  and yet again my teeth are causing a problem (2nd trip in a row), dental work yesterday with the hope it will settle and not flare up whilst there and i have a chest infection.I'm hoping the disney magic will work  :D. Enjoyed reading your report.

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou :) I hope you are ok and enjoy the Christmassy celebrations 🎉 where ru staying hope the weather isn't to wet also !

Zee79

Staying in the Magic circus for 2 nights (cheaper than Travelodge for 1 night) then sequoia for 4.

loladelorean

Thanks for sharing - it is great to hear that you had such good service from cast members and medical staff. Sorry to hear that your son was unwell, but it sounds as though you absolutely made the most of your time there and got lots done!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19