Rumour that characters will be back at Chef Mickeys

Started by sunshine1, January 09, 2018, 12:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine1

ChipandDale99

Suddenly got all excited as I'm going February 8th but unfortunately the website says it's closed until 17/02 😢

Dolph7800

Should never have taken them away. I know for some it's hit and miss, but last year it was one of the highlights of our holiday. Complete and utter madness and borderline impossible to get the kids to calm down and eat, but great fun nonetheless. Food was better than the (albeit low) expectations I had too.

Plus it was always nice to see people having character meets when you walk past in the morning on the way into the park.

jessief

YenSidBot

Really hope they have the cute chef outfits like they do in the states and Hong Kong , instead of just basically meeting a few characters from the fab five or Winnie The Pooh again . If they do have the special chef outfits then I would make this a must do but if its plain old cafe mickey again id pass. Completely understand the appeal for some people though and I agree with the returning characters if its another source of income again for DLRP . Just my thoughts
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

Pete's Dragon

I hope this is true and is re-introduced before the end of June. Having breakfast here was something of a tradition for us.

jessief

For some strange reason our kids always hated character meals but I love nothing more than a Pluto tongue hovering over my apple pie !! Roll on September, maybe our now almost grown up  girls will be converted to my childlike pleasures :) I do agree about the outfits in Hong Kong, combine that with the breakfast selection and you are in Disney heaven although I'm not sure how broth, fried seaweed and fish fingers would go down in Paris at brekkie!!                               

Rocketeer

From WDWNT:
QuoteA complete interior redesign was also rumored for the restaurant. However, this never happened, and the restaurant quickly lost popularity which resulted in a lifeless atmosphere.

We are happy to report that Disney characters will return to Café Mickey on February 18th. The menu should remain Italian, but the price will increase to €70/$86 per person for a 3 course meal, according to rumors.

The building, located beside Lake Disney, was previously occupied by The Los Angeles Bar & Grill. It was transformed into Café Mickey in 2002 during the complete overhaul of the shopping district from Festival Disney to Disney Village.  Characters have been a feature at the eatery ever since.

Café Mickey will be closed from January 29th through February 17th to prepare for the return of the characters.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Slimy yet satisfying

1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

polar vixen

70?!!! As in more thaN inventions?!!!!!
Food is going to have to be absolutely spectacular for that sort of price!

claire2281

It certainly is eyebrow raising. They obviously think people will pay it (which Inventions basically supports) but the food will have to massively improve from what it once was. Previously the reputation was the food was average but the experience was great and hence worth the money. AFAIK it's getting a completely new menu so we'll see.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne