Free Carer tickets even as part of a Package!

Started by dlpowl, November 09, 2017, 04:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpowl

Hi guys,

Just in case some of you aren't aware, DLP are now offering a reduction for carers who are accompanying a disabled person which is the equivalent of getting your park entry for free, when you are booking a package with them (hotel & park tickets).  You have to take the neccessary documentation with you and show it upon check in to receive your free carer park tickets.

If you've already booked but haven't yet travelled, contact whoever you booked with to get a refund.  Unfortunately, if you've already started your holiday, or returned from one, you can't claim retrospectively.

People are receiving refunds of between £30-£50 per day depending on what offer they booked under etc so it's definitely worth doing!

polar vixen

Do you know if this still applies when bookong with a percent free and galf board etc? Thats fantastic news!!!!!

dlpowl

Yes!  Still applies regardless of what offer you booked with.  If you've got a trip already booked just give them a ring and you'll get a refund for a certain amount accordingly.

It's very new so there have been some teething problems with some staff and travel companies not being up to speed but it seems to be all sorted now.

Walt Disney Travel Company were one of the last to get their computer systems sorted but it's gone live with them today and they've started issuing refunds.  You have to call and ask though cos obviously they don't know who is and isn't eligible unless you tell them.

Going forwards, just tell them at the time of booking and they'll apply the discount. 

polar vixen

I just phones to get a quote for next year- we were thinking of goi g for 10 days and it knocked 1500 off the price! (We have 3 disabled in our group) tha ks for that dlpowl!
My daily stalking of magicforum has paid off!

dlpowl

Wow!  That's incredible!  And that works out right then, about £50 per carer per day reduction.  So are you taking 3 carers for the 3 disabled guests?  We are a family of 5 although the eldest is now classed as an adult at 13.  It's my eldest who has the disability so for us it will mean about £50 per day reduction which is great. 

polar vixen

I have 3 disabled children. So myself and hubby get the carers discount along with my daughter whos now 18 and is only coming to help so definitely makes a big differencw

littlebitofpixiedust

This is fantastic we received £150 of our Christmas trip just a few days ago!

Well done to dlp for acknowledging this I always found it odd you could only get carers at the gate so we never bothered but it's great because some disabled children/adults need an additional carer which proves expensive. I'd love to take my son just the two of us but due to his physical needs I'd never be able to do now it'll be more affordable for to visit!

Just to add Eurostar always have a disabled/carers rate for those requiring to remain in the wheelchair throughout the journey it's not free each ticket you pay for but it's a flat rate.