Christmas 2017

Started by MummyofThreeWithTwins, August 14, 2017, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MummyofThreeWithTwins

Hello everyone
Apologies this is my first forum - so if I don't meet any correct etiquette - apologies
I've joined as I just can't find the information I need online and I need some help please - thanks in advance
We are long time visitors at WDW - haven't been to DLP since 2010
We're going to be in DLP for a few days and including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
I am really concerned that I want to make it feel great for my children who are young.
Online advise talks about the weather - a lot. However I have seen glimpses of things I want to know and no more information
In a DLP Hotel it mentions you can request a Christmas room for a cost. This is apparently a tree and decorations.
Does anyone please know - how much this is, is it worth the cost? Where could I see what is included or what it looks like?
What happens on Christmas Eve in the hotels? Do they offer a service when you can get a "key for santa" for your room. Do they do basket deliveries for you like at WDW? Again where do you organise this please?
Finally the meals and special events - everyone says to book early but I can't see anything other than 2016 information

Any tips/ help/ support really appreciated from the gurus. I have been to DLP in December before - so this is specifically about Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day

Thank you!

bad-pink-tink

I was at Disneyland Paris for Christmas 2013

Pre Trip Planning https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=15892.0

Trip Report https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=16498.

Hotel Sequoia Review https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=16525

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Special Meal 2013 https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=15959

While some of the info may be out of date it will give you a good idea what to expect

Quote from: MummyofThreeWithTwins on August 14, 2017, 09:09:10 AM
Online advise talks about the weather - a lot. However I have seen glimpses of things I want to know and no more information

We had layers and water proofs. Think Florida but about about 30 F not 90 F. I had leggings under jeans 2 pairs of socks, hat and gloves, winter coat with a poncho ontop when it rained.
Early mornings when dry are crisp cold, you will see a layer of frost on the grass, building roofs, benchs, walls, etc.

Quote from: MummyofThreeWithTwins on August 14, 2017, 09:09:10 AMIn a DLP Hotel it mentions you can request a Christmas room for a cost. This is apparently a tree and decorations.
Does anyone please know - how much this is, is it worth the cost? Where could I see what is included or what it looks like?

Previous years people on here have got this. Do a search of the forum, but Im sure people said it wasnt worth it. We brought a small battery Christmas tree for our room :)

Quote from: MummyofThreeWithTwins on August 14, 2017, 09:09:10 AMWhat happens on Christmas Eve in the hotels? Do they offer a service when you can get a "key for santa" for your room. Do they do basket deliveries for you like at WDW? Again where do you organise this please?

I havent seen anything like you described at Disneyland Paris. There are special Christmas meals in various restaurants both in the parks and in the hotels. These are prebooked in advance when the new brouchure is released to travel agents. Other than that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are just like any other during the Christmas Season. Santa does a Meet n greet in the park, in the Christmas themed area, which ends on Christmas Eve.This is similar to the Princess meetngreets or Mickeys House. 

I would contact guest services dlp.disney.special.activities@disney.com as everything is possible at Disney if you have the money to pay for it :) 

Any tips/ help/ support really appreciated from the gurus. I have been to DLP in December before - so this is specifically about Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day

Thank you!
[/quote]

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

petals

We got a Key for Santa to come into the house in a local shop one Christmas perhaps you could look about closer to Christmas and bring it with you. I've never heard of a hotel offering one.

RockNRoller

We go at the end of November every year so encounter similar weather. As previously stated layers is the key so you can adjust to what you find when you wake up. One morning we woke to Lake Disney covered in mist which was lovely but a very cold damp day.
Weather wise I would also say mix up your rides with undercover and open air so you get a chance to warm up every so often. POTC's queue area is ideal for that.
Somewhere on the forum are pictures of the Christmas room. Very basic decorations with a stick on wreath on the rooms door. To be honest Disney at Christmas is already so Christmassy I've never felt the need for it.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"