Winter Term time questions - positives vs negatives

Started by Miliemoo, July 26, 2017, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miliemoo

Hi all,

I'm looking at booking my first trip to DLP in perhaps feb or march 2018 - Sunday-Thursday or Monday - Friday and during term time. I'm just wondering do the positives of this outweigh the negatives? For example I'm assuming the park would be quieter and queues for rides/character greets shorter, but would there be far less characters around the park and would a lot of restaurants, shops or rides be closed as it's an out of season time? Also do they still have the shows/parades each day? I would hate to miss lots of stuff if they do close things down,  Thanks for any help advice you can give  :)

Nicola

Hi,

There will be loads of Characters we generally only go Dec. through Feb. The ques are very quiet especially in Jan/Feb (avoid valentines). You will need to wrap up warm. The restaurant closures are usually only a couple of counter service restaurants, all the table service restaurants are open. All the shows and parades remain exactly the same.

Have fun planning!
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Miliemoo

Thanks so much for your reply, really helpful and good to know

bad-pink-tink

I was there February 2016. Disneyland Paris is not like a regular themepark where they shut rides attractions on off season. The whole park closes earlier and restaurants closes early. When I was there the main park closed at 8pm. They still had the nightly fireworks, and all the same parades, shows and character meets.

The only closures were the scheduled refurb closures, which you need to check on the main Disneyland Paris website before you go.

The crowds are way down and restaurant reservations are easier to get. Wait times average about 15 minutes to 25 minutes for most things, although Autopia did hit 40 minutes around 11am.

I got some amazing frosty early morning photos of The Castle, sparkling in the winter sunshine.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

claire2281

I've often taken school trips there around this time.

It is quieter and cheaper but that comes with some disadvantages. Yes some restaurants are closed (Walts doesn't open every day, Agrabah Cafe has a tendency to be shut). Also you may miss out of some shows. Mickey and the Magician wasn't on in March, nor was Forest of Enchantment and the castle stage shows often don't start until later in the season. Swing Into Spring (if it returns) doesn't start until April but you will be there for Season of the Force if you're a Star Wars fan. The main parade and Illuminations will run as normal. The parks close earlier so you have to decide what to do with your evenings after - the Village can get pretty busy at these times!

Weather wise it can be very cold but that's not a problem if you wrap up warm.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Miliemoo

Thanks very much all for your advice and experiences. We are all huge star wars fans which is why I was looking at feb/march and also as I've been advised by disney the 25th celebrations will still be running then too. Although perhaps nudging over into April would include some of the shows?