February half term..whats it like ??

Started by ilovemainstxxx, June 29, 2017, 07:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemainstxxx

Hi

looking at the feb half term hols and wondering if anyone has been how busy they are ???
Really want to go for the 25th but not sure when it will end , our Easter hols are later this year and run through the 12th April but don't know if it will still be on then or they will cut it short to march when they started it ...
Anyone any thoughts or advice ???

claire2281

Normally it's reasonably busy but I understand it was VERY busy this year.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

ChipandDale99

We've been at February half term for the last 5 years. Its quieter than other holidays but as Claire2281 said this year was surprisingly busy. A lot more than other years.
We've noticed the number of brits coming in February half term but I think this year also it coincided with a French holiday.

However it wasn't ridiculously busy not like summer or anything. Just was a surprise when usually you can get on phantom manor in 5 mins but this year we had to wait 30 mins in some cases.

grovesie

We were there Feb half term this year and it was busier than normal. A lot has to do with the free dining vouchers and associated offers.  Past Feb half terms have been fine

Slimy yet satisfying

Yup I agree. The combination of the new Star Wars shows and the free dining made it a very popular time to go. We found it to be very busy, more than expected.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

rocker

I went this year.  I'd say it's definitely the quietest of all the holidays you can go.  A few rides closed but I'd still go again

Soooo cold though. My 5 yo daughter had warm trousers, 2 pairs of tights & 3 pairs of socks & boots yet one day we still had to escape back to our room to warm up for a couple of hours because her feet started hurting through the cold.

With cheaper accommodation & travel, plus relatively quiet, I'll be trying to go again next Feb half term for sure...do it!

grovesie

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on June 29, 2017, 07:59:12 AM
Hi

looking at the feb half term hols and wondering if anyone has been how busy they are ???
Really want to go for the 25th but not sure when it will end , our Easter hols are later this year and run through the 12th April but don't know if it will still be on then or they will cut it short to march when they started it ...

I can't see the 25th celebrations ending in April.............. the 20th celebrations went on for a couple of years

ilovemainstxxx

Thanks Guys
Sounds ok then, cold and busy but not to busy...
Think we will take a look..

ilovemainstxxx

Quote from: grovesie on June 29, 2017, 02:56:05 PM
Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on June 29, 2017, 07:59:12 AM
Hi

I can't see the 25th celebrations ending in April.............. the 20th celebrations went on for a couple of years

This is what i was hoping as have been to the last 2 anniversary's a few times they have been on that long , but with it now being taken over and lots of changes happening i am just worried that it may only stay on a year and we really don't want to miss it ..

Rapunzel1

february 25 is in a Dutch school holiday. Not for the entire country but quite a few Dutch families will go to Disneyland. But not as many as in the last week of April and the first week of May. Way too cold for me in February.

Sulley's Arms

It is probable that the raised visitor numbers in this year's Quarter 1 (Jan-Mar) will become a regular thing, as TWDC will be likely to promote this traditionally quiet Quarter annually from now on, after this year's Season of The Force was very effective and popular.

Hence it is possible that Feb half term may become less of a little gem than it has been in past years.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

grovesie

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on July 03, 2017, 11:35:36 PM
It is probable that the raised visitor numbers in this year's Quarter 1 (Jan-Mar) will become a regular thing, as TWDC will be likely to promote this traditionally quiet Quarter annually from now on, after this year's Season of The Force was very effective and popular.

Hence it is possible that Feb half term may become less of a little gem than it has been in past years.

This will be a shame one of our favourite times to go

cjebs

feburary is normally the quiestest of the school holidays as the weather isnt great in feb, i have been quite lucky in that it hasnt rained that much but is very cold usually. as this year is the 25th anniversary i think it will be busier all year especially during holiday periods but id expect other half terms and easter to be busier than feb was still.

as we are going on mainly the older adult thrill rides i opted for a suite with unlimited FP to beat the queues this year rather than staying an extra night

loupenny

We were there for four days over the half term holiday. We found it to be busy (and it was exacerbated by ride closures) but manageable if you know what you are doing!

We did meet quite a few people having a less than magical time because they didn't know how to manage high crowds! We were using summer tactics in February  :o We still had a good trip and the prices were fab! Valentines Day however was the worst Disney day we've ever had... there was an hour and a half wait to get on the train... at any station... and nearly every E ticket was down... never again!
In the past - Disneyland Hotel, New York, New Port Bay (DLP) Caribbean Beach (WDW) and AP holder at Tokyo Disney.
Recent Years - Kyriad - 2011
Santa Fe - 2015
Dream Castle, B&B hotel, Air BnBs - 2017

seraphelle

I was there in half term this Feb just gone and I was surprised how busy it was.
But like others have said, I went purely for Season of the Force as an early birthday present for my husband - or normally we tend to stick to whit week and October / November.  :)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019