Hidden gems

Started by Ehg_92, June 24, 2017, 10:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehg_92

So, recently i have been thinking about how I can make my next trip different from my last. 
Last September was my wife's first trip, and my first visit in about 15 years, so we spent 4 days just doing the parks and rides and stuff and also did a day trip to Paris (Paris Essentials, I would highly recommend it).
We did no character meets, and my wife has since said she wished she did, especially Winnie the Pooh.
She doesn't do the big rides, but waits with the patience of a saint whilst I do them.
So this time I want to do character meets and find more special parts of the parks.
I have booked a lunch at Inventions, but would love to know the best way to meet Pooh Bear.
I would also love to know any secret or special parts of the park that we can find and enjoy, easter eggs as it were.
We found the dragon, and watched the 'It's a Small World Clock' do its thing, and even got invited by the train driver to ride behind the engine of the Steam train last time.  But I want  to beat it and make it unforgettable for her.
Please inspire me :)

PrincessWonderland

I don't have any suggestions as I'm only just planning my first trip but this is such a good question! Look forward to seeing the replies and hope you get to make it extra special :)

div129

If celebrating a special occasion, you can get an engraved padlock in Harringtons down Main Street. It comes with a map and encourages you to 'lock' the padlock around Snow Whites well (in front of the castle) and drop the key into the well, so that your padlock will always be in Disneyland! (Or until they decide to get the bolt cutters out!)
Panorama-magique (or whatever it's called) the hot air balloon in the Village is cool - you can see the whole parks and for miles beyond!
Look out for the Wicked Queen that appears at the window every couple of minutes above the Snow White dark ride.
Maybe enquire about doing a tour? I think they cost around €50 per adult, but it's a walking tour around the Magic Kingdom that gives you behind the scenes information and the cast members point out small details that you wouldn't necessary see!

polar vixen

Wish I'd known about that padlock on our last trip. Next time!!

claire2281

The evil queen comment reminds me of a similar thing with the Phantom at PM. He can be spotted in one of the windows (right side of the building, first floor, right hand window I think).
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Ehg_92

Thanks guys these are great, I love the padlock idea, but I think it will end up with me buying two, one to lock to the wishing well, and an identical one to bring home to keep😆
Keep 'em coming

tubbsy

Looking for hidden Mickey around the park
The sounds and smells of Main Street

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

bp_serene

With regards to Pooh Bear - he is often found with another character from the Pooh universe down by the entrance to Casey Jr. We met him with Eeyore :)

Ehg_92

claire2281

Quote from: Ehg_92 on June 25, 2017, 10:55:30 PM
Hidden mickey?

It's where they add Mickey shapes (one large circle and two smaller ones) to the design of things without it being obviously a Mickey. They're all over the park.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Ehg_92

seraphelle

*Evil Queen in the window above the entrance of the Snow White ride.

*The singing in the rain umbrella in the Studios where you make it 'rain' for photos.

*The path outside Casey Jnr and Le Pays des Contes de Fees - there are frequently characters coming and going from down there and many of them that I've seen are Winnie the Pooh related.

*If you can stretch to it - lunch in Auberge du Cendrillon (Cinderella's restaurant).

*The stained glass windows and tapestries upstairs in the castle are amazing.

*Phantom Manor during twilight - with Big Thunder Mountain lit up in the distance, plus if you're lucky you'll get an extra creepy CM who really plays the character well.

*Hidden Mickeys all over the park.

*Secret walk-ways - makes you feel like you're in a secret club as not used by many.

*Look for theming things you may have missed - the beautiful lights above you in the gateway to Adventureland by Agrabah cafe, the gas street lamps in Frontierland and the horseshoe prints on the floor, the lighting in Discoveryland  at night that really makes it look special, try and see the Mad Hatters Tea Cups ride during twilight when it's lit up - amazing, and the Cheshire Cat face by the Labyrinth...

*One of my favourite things is having a fancy cocktail in Cafe Fantasia and sitting on the sofas in the the foyer outside and just looking all the way up to the sky lights inside the DLH while a CM is playing Disney songs on the piano.

*The live music that's on from time to time - real brass bands in the bandstand - lovely.

*Fantasia gardens are a lovely place to just sit and watch the world go by if you need a bit of a break from the busyness of the parks.

*Don't assume all park restaurants will be disappointing (that's my bad - I just assumed everything was counter service and with a fussy husband and 2 fussy kids I have just avoided them) - Silver Spur Steakhouse by Thunder Mesa is AMAZING.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

A Princess Disnae......

Singing in the rain umbrella? Where exactly in the Studios that? Sounds intriguing :D
Newport Bay 2002, Santa Fe 2013, 2014 & 2015, DLP Half Marathon Weekend Cheyenne 2016, Sequoia Lodge February 2017, DLP Half Marathon Weekend 2017 Hotel New York.
Magic Run Weekend 2018 Disneyland Hotel, Sequoia Lodge Feb 2019. Next holiday Magic Run Weekend 2019 Disneyland Hotel

Nicola

Quote from: seraphelle on June 26, 2017, 10:58:58 AM
*Evil Queen in the window above the entrance of the Snow White ride.

*The singing in the rain umbrella in the Studios where you make it 'rain' for photos.

*The path outside Casey Jnr and Le Pays des Contes de Fees - there are frequently characters coming and going from down there and many of them that I've seen are Winnie the Pooh related.

*If you can stretch to it - lunch in Auberge du Cendrillon (Cinderella's restaurant).

*The stained glass windows and tapestries upstairs in the castle are amazing.

*Phantom Manor during twilight - with Big Thunder Mountain lit up in the distance, plus if you're lucky you'll get an extra creepy CM who really plays the character well.

*Hidden Mickeys all over the park.

*Secret walk-ways - makes you feel like you're in a secret club as not used by many.

*Look for theming things you may have missed - the beautiful lights above you in the gateway to Adventureland by Agrabah cafe, the gas street lamps in Frontierland and the horseshoe prints on the floor, the lighting in Discoveryland  at night that really makes it look special, try and see the Mad Hatters Tea Cups ride during twilight when it's lit up - amazing, and the Cheshire Cat face by the Labyrinth...

*One of my favourite things is having a fancy cocktail in Cafe Fantasia and sitting on the sofas in the the foyer outside and just looking all the way up to the sky lights inside the DLH while a CM is playing Disney songs on the piano.

*The live music that's on from time to time - real brass bands in the bandstand - lovely.

*Fantasia gardens are a lovely place to just sit and watch the world go by if you need a bit of a break from the busyness of the parks.

*Don't assume all park restaurants will be disappointing (that's my bad - I just assumed everything was counter service and with a fussy husband and 2 fussy kids I have just avoided them) - Silver Spur Steakhouse by Thunder Mesa is AMAZING.

I am interested in the secret walkways lol. Thanks these are great!
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

seraphelle

Quote from: A Princess Disnae...... on June 26, 2017, 07:18:12 PM
Singing in the rain umbrella? Where exactly in the Studios that? Sounds intriguing :D

So when you head into the studios-  and you go through the initial building where the stores and counter service restaurants are and you're out into the 'proper' bit and are stood in front of Walt and Mickey with the Hollywood sign behind...turn left and head down towards Rock n Rollercoaster - when you get to the corner where you can turn left to go to the Spider-Man meet and greet, on that corner on the building there is an umbrella and it's just there :)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019