Trip Report NBC 17th-22nd May 2017 DAY ONE

Started by bp_serene, May 23, 2017, 12:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bp_serene

Disneyland Paris May 17th - 22nd 2017
Newport Bay Club
25th Anniversary – Trip Report

This was our second family trip to DLP. Myself (Steph), my husband James and our two daughters Poppy (6 years) and Seren (3 years). I hope you enjoy reading about our adventure!

Wednesday 17th May

Our day started early, we left at 7am for our flight from Exeter to CDG. The entire journey was stress-free and we were very lucky to arrive at the coach stop in CDG airport a few minutes before the Magical Shuttle departed. Our hotel was the Newport Bay Club which was fortunately the first drop-off on the shuttle. Lovely! We were a little early for collecting our keys so browsed the gift shop for a while and had a quick look for the restaurants. In the gift shop I bought an autograph book and a 25th Anniversary pen, ready for some serious meeting and greeting over the next few days!

Our room was very nice, no view but very convenient for the main lobby area being located a couple of rooms down from the elevators in the east wing. We got ourselves ready to visit the parks and headed on down to Disney Village!

Lunch was at Annette's, we had the half board plus meal plan so it was a three-course affair which was most welcomed after our journey. We enjoyed the food but found service a little slow which was strange as there seemed to be lots of staff but not many diners! In any case we were finished and on our way to the parks by 5.30, perfect timing to catch the parade! We watched from near the bandstand in the town square. I loved the music and the floats and dancer costumes were very quirky and unique. Once the parade had cleared we walked up main street and stopped to take in the lovely view of the castle. We then realised that crowds had gathered in front of the Royal Castle stage which meant it was time for the Starlit Princess Waltz. We watched it from the back so not a great view but that didn't matter too much as we were able to see it a second time later in the trip. Afterwards we continued around the edge of Fantasyland and started ticking off some rides - It's a Small World, Mad Hatter's Teacups, Carousel de Lancelot, Pinocchio. We finished off our evening with a visit to Aurora's castle and then a cheeky ride on Buzz Lightyear before heading back to the hotel to beat the rain which was threatening. Wait times were all very low for the rides we visited and the park wasn't too busy. Time to get those tired girls to bed and prepare ourselves for the first full day at Disney!

Here are some photos of Day 1, hopefully I can get a bit more written and posted tomorrow :)

On our way!

Elly_LDN

Thank you for sharing. Looks like your family are having loads of fun in those photos. Look forward to reading the rest of you TR. I am also taking my soon to be 3 year old to DLP in June so reading this is making me even more excited!  ;D

disneymagic006

Great to see your trip report and the pictures of you all having a great time. The parks are looking really bright and vivid! I bet seeing the parade as one of the first things really got you into the Disney mood. Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

tubbsy

Enjoying your report. Your photos are making me wishful for the visits when my two were younger

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

bp_serene

Oh wow I've really neglected this trip report! Been so busy I haven't had a chance to give it any time. Hopefully I can summarise it for you all soon x