Trip report 18-22 April 2017

Started by MrsRoachy, May 03, 2017, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsRoachy

What an amazing holiday!!

It started on 17th when we went to Folkestone overnight before our trip to France. Unbeknown to the children we were going to Disney. We all changed into our new pjs which happened to be Disney and had an early night ready for the early start the next day.

Tuesday morning arrived and up we got, me and the girls put on our Disney tshirts and went to the channel tunnel. Sat on the train I asked the girls who they had on their tshirts, to which they replied 'Minnie Mouse' and I asked who I had and out they said 'Beauty and the Beast' I asked them where they lived and the reply was 'a castle or a village' 😂. I then asked them where they might live in France and saw the cogs turning and the realisation where we were going appearing. Cue screams and much excitement!

We arrived at Newport Bay for 1130 went straight to check in for our tickets. Fortunately our room was ready so we grabbed the bags from the car and put everything in the room before heading to the park.

First stop was Market Street Deli for some lunch. The ham and cheese toasties are huge so we got 2 and 2 bags of crisps and shared between the 4 of us. The kids spied the 25th cakes so had to have one each too!

Then we headed towards numerous rides and meet and greets. First we met Donald

Then we headed towards fantasyland and straight onto flying dumbo. Followed by the teacups. We had a look who was in Princess Pavillion and it was Rapunzel who is a favourite in our house so we had to queue. Wasn't too bad, I think we waited about 50mins. Following this we went on ew more rides before picking our spot for the parade. We tend to sit right by the gates at the end. The parade was brilliant, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Following this we had reservations at King Ludwigs so we wandered up there. The food here was lovely, will definitely go back. The metre of beer went down well between me and my husband too  ;) We then went back to the hotel for an early night as the kids were tired from the early morning and the travelling.

Next day we were up for breakfast at 7 (we booked before breakfast wasn't included) and in the park by 8. We met chip and dale on the way through the park

Then we had a morning of rides and fun. Lunch was Casey hotdogs which were nice. The afternoon started with meeting Alice and the Mad Hatter who were brilliant, their characterisation was brilliant and has us in stitches

More rides and fun followed. We went to Adventure Isle for the first time and had lots of fun exploring there. The kids decided they wanted to watch the parade again so we went back to our favourite spot and waited for it. Following this we went to the Rainforest Cafe for tea before heading to the hotel bar for a couple of drinks with friends (and the kids schoolfriends) who by pure coincidence had booked the same hotel on the same dates as us!

Thursday was a Studios day. We went to the main park for EMH and then walked over for opening. First stop was Ratatouille which I think is one of my favourite rides. Following this was Slinky and Cars before joining the queue to meet Belle. This was a nightmare and badly organised but we stuck with it and 2.5 hours later got to meet her

We then raced to Bistrot Chez Remy for our lunch reservation. The food was lovely and the theming is just brilliant.

A few more rides, a visit to Stitch live, which if you haven't done you must, absolutely brilliant and one of my highlights, then back to the main park for more rides. We went for a walk round Adventureland and came across Kaa which we hadn't noticed before

We then decided to stay for the fireworks. If I'm honest I preferred Dreams but these were still excellent.

Friday was a day of meet and greets. Minnie Mouse, Jafar (who was another brilliant character, making everyone bow to him, telling people where to stand). He called me into the photo with my daughter and then unbeknown to me (as he covered my face!) he made her leave the photo! Following this we met Baloo. On our walk back to Fantasyland we came across Mr Smee queued again at Princess Pavillion as it was only 45 mins and was Aurora and as we headed to Bella Notte for lunch we met Gepetto!

Following lunch we watched the Princess waltz and went on manymore rides. That evening we were booked for Bufalo Bills. What a show, absolutely brilliant. A must do at least once if you haven't.

Following buffalo bills the girls wanted to go to the bar to look at their purchases from the day and have a drink as they were tired.

Last day was a chance do revisit things the girls wanted to. Peter Pans flight, flying dumbo, met Mickey Mouse as te queue was short, met the Genie in adventureland, went on the Mollie Brown, Lucky Nugget for lunch. On our way back round we noticed the Genie had changed to Jasmine and Aladdin so we queued for that before heading to the studios for 1 more rides on Ratatouille and cars before heading to the shops and then home.

We had an absolutely brilliant time.

If you've made it this far well done, I've waffled quite a lot!!

bp_serene

Great report, lovely photos! We are staying in NBC in two weeks, we also have two daughters. Your report has made me even more excited!

MrsRoachy

Quote from: bp_serene on May 03, 2017, 10:05:58 PM
Great report, lovely photos! We are staying in NBC in two weeks, we also have two daughters. Your report has made me even more excited!

NPB is lovely. We've stayed twice now and I go again for a hen do in September! I don't think I'd stay anywhere else now!

disneymagic006

Lovely trip report. You met so many characters! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the bit about the reveal on the euro tunnel - what a big surprise :-)
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

SazrahJay

I'm going to DLP for the first time next month and I'm staying in NPB! Your report has made me more excited!

jenny

Brilliant trip report - you obviously had an amazing time and glad you were able to leave the reveal right until the last minute. We have 2 girls but are going to tell them on the Saturday before we go on the Monday. I am so excited I want to tell them now! You managed to meet a lot of characters too which is fabulous. I hope we get to meet some just walking round the park as from what I have read on the forum some of the queues are really long. Can't wait to go - 25 days and counting!