Davy Crockett Ranch - told definitely counter service not bags

Started by dlpowl, April 24, 2017, 04:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlpowl

Hi guys,

I know we've talked about this a few times here and there already but I'm even more confused now...

So, when the counter service breakfast came in (for people getting the free Half Board plan) they said it would apply to guests staying at DCR.  Then we heard that people had been told this was incorrect and that DCR guests would STILL get a breakfast bag at the ranch.

Today I've rung DLP to get a quote and ask a few questions and I was told that DCR guests on a free Half Board meal plan would DEFINITELY only get a counter service breakfast.  She told me twice "there is no breakfast provided at the hotel location."  I questioned her 3 times and said that I'd heard this wasn't the case for DCR guests but she was adamant.   Counter service breakfast only. 

Why are we all being told different things?  It's so confusing!  Ordinarily, I would believe what I was told by a CM on the phone but the lady I spoke to proceeded to tell me that I couldn't use my dinner voucher at counter service restaurants only buffets!  Which we know is rubbish!  So, how am I meant to trust the other stuff she tells me?  Plus, the line connection was terrible and she kept interrupting me all the time.

Any ideas as to what is actually happening with this whole DCR breakfast fiasco? 

dlpowl

Update...just rung Walt Disney Travel Company, they also said it would be a counter service breakfast until she put me on hold and went to check...and voila!  DCR guests DO get a breakfast bag at the ranch!

Just on again direct with DLP trying to get them to check...

dlpowl

Nope, DLP themselves are still insisting it's a counter service breakfast at Cafe Hyperion.

I'm seriously losing the will to live with this....does their arm know what their elbow is doing?

claire2281

All I can say is this whole free half board thing seems to be causing them nothing but headaches at the moment with the breakfast situation having changed.

Having looked through the Terms and Conditions on their website the only details I can find is this:

Can I use my meal voucher in restaurants as a mean of payment?
Breakfast vouchers are accepted in a selection of restaurants in your Disney Hotel and in the Disney Parks and Disney Villages for the monetary value for breakfast only. Disney's Davy Crocket Ranch is a takeaway breakfast.

Which I believe is saying you can use the vouchers in part payment for a breakfast bag. Which means, no you don't get a breakfast bag by default.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

dlpowl

Yes, it is making my brain hurt!  Hahaa!

Sooo, I rang the Walt Disney Travel Company back again and spoke to a lovely young man called Fisher.  I explained the whole fiasco and he was really interested and wanted to know the answer himself!  So, he searched his system and still didn't find any definite answers so he asked me if I would hold while he rang the DCR and actually asked them about the breakfast vouchers.  I agreed of course and after a good while he came back and said that the breakfast vouchers are "good for both".  Apparently, you can get either a breakfast bag OR Cafe Hyperion quick service breakfast.  The choice is yours.  And that came from the front desk at Davy Crockett Ranch itself, that's who he spoke to so seeing as how they are the people actually giving the vouchers out every day and advising guests then hopefully it should be correct.

The phone calls today has also reminded me why I book with Walt Disney Travel Company and not directly with DLP - the staff!  The WDTC staff are so helpful and actually listen and answer your questions.  I find the DLP call centre staff rude and they don't actually listen to what you say, they're like robots reading off a script.  Even though the quote I got from WDTC is £5 more than DLP I will still book with them because my customer experience is always better with WDTC.  And their telephone number is freephone so you can ring with any questions any time you want!

Tinkerhel1970

I was also told, on booking, that we would get vouchers for a counter breakfast at Café Hyperion while staying at DCR.  I rang the following week and asked how much it would cost to change to the breakfast boxes and was then told we got those anyway.  I hope the information about having the choice is true but it isn't great being told different things every time you contact DLP is it?! 
DLP June 2004 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW December 2005
DLP May/June 2011 - Hotel Cheyenne
DLP May/June 2016 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP June 2017 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
DLP September 2018 - Davy Crocketts Ranch
WDW November 2019

dlpowl

Quote from: Tinkerhel1970 on April 26, 2017, 09:31:34 AM
I was also told, on booking, that we would get vouchers for a counter breakfast at Café Hyperion while staying at DCR.  I rang the following week and asked how much it would cost to change to the breakfast boxes and was then told we got those anyway.  I hope the information about having the choice is true but it isn't great being told different things every time you contact DLP is it?!

Oh well at least you've been told the same, even if it was in a roundabout way, so hopefully it's right that you can get either!  No, it's not good that they seem to have no idea what's going on in their own hotels!  It's a good job we love DLP, isn't it!  Lord knows what first timers must think but then again, they probably just accept what they're told first time!  Hahaaa!