Trip Report 16-20th March ( With Pics)

Started by YenSidBot, March 21, 2017, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YenSidBot

Just back last night! Literally out of all the trips to Disney I had been on this was by far was the best . It was my partners first time To the Paris resort .We fly into Paris BVA which is a shed compared to the other airports near Paris . Im just going to go over the main points of the day's and my opinions as I'm not going to go into that much detail xD

Day One : We got to the train station at Disney at about 12ish , went straight to Dream Castle to check in and headed right back to the parks . We grabbed our ap's and went straight to the castle for the obligatory castle selfies and then hopped on Peter Pan's flight . Peter Pan's flight just feels so much fresher since the refurb it had undergone recently , unlike Phantom Manor which we went on afterwords . Not to knock Phantom Manor , I do love the ride it just could do with a lick of paint and a tad bit of updating to stay in par with the resort's other attractions. We grabbed a bite to eat in Cowboy Cookout which I was pleasantly surprised with I have to say not once on our trip had we had a bad meal inside the park gates .

Day 2: After taking our time and relaxing a bit in the hotel the day previous we explored Disneyland Park once again . We wandered over to Discoveryland in EMH and took a spin on Buzz lightyears Laser Blast which is still one of the resort's most popular rides and I completly understand why , it is honestly just so much craic .We grabbed a ham and cheese toastie on Main Street for brekkie and headed ove to Adventureland to meet some characters . I have to add that I didn't expect to spend so much time on this trip meeting characters but the sheer joy and happiness you feel whilst meeting them is nothing to be compared to . It was Paddy's day and Timon and Rafiki noticed our Irish accents and so the four of us started to jig around the place . Usually I would get a photo album for each trip but this time around I thought that we would we fill up our autograph book and pop the pictures of each character we met beside the signature . That night we watched Dreams and I have to say each time I see it I get a massive lump in my throat , I turned to Ross afterwords (who was seeing it for the first time)  and said what do you think and he turned around teary eyed and said just give me a few minutes . He thought it was the most magical thing he had seen . (queue the part where my heart broke)

Day 3: I was very optimistic going on this trip and decided that we would try and spend a full day in The Studios Park without going to Disneyland . We got into the park at about 10:20 and Crush's Coaster was already over the 70 minute wait so we said we would try and do it later in the day . So after seeing the wait time for Crush we decided to have a wonder around Toy Story Playland (which hopefully gets TSM soon enough) and hopped on Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin afetr seeing a 5 minute wait . Myself and Ross don't really do heights so Parachute Drop , Rc Racer and Tower Of Terror were a no go XD We done Art of Animation and Cinemagique I was getting tad down as I realised there isn't much to do in the studios ride wise . It was around lunch time and we went to grab a bite to eat but all the quick service dining in the studios were jammers so we said we would head to try Vapiano's (which was so nice !!!) and stroll back to the studios when we were finished eating . On our way out of Studio1 we ran into the Incredibles , I have to say that meeting those two and chatting to the lovely English cm with them really turned my day around . After getting stuffed in Vapiano's we waddled back into the studio's to Do Moteurs Action ( which I wouldn't miss if it was replaced) the show itself just feels very meh and underwhelming especially considering the length of the show , I just don't feel as if there is enough to hold your attention if your over the age of 10 . Ratatouille was up next and I have to say it is my third favourite ride in the whole resort . It is honestly so much fun . We then managed to leg it over to Animagique theatre and watch the returning Mickey and The Magician . All I have to say about this show is wow . It is such a step up from Animagique and definitely is a front runner in terms of the parks major draws nowadays . A huge round of applause is in order for the cast and crew as the just really do a fantastic job . We didn't manage to see much of Season Of The Force apart from The nighttime show , I't certainly didn't hold a candle to Dreams but it did do it's job and give the Studios an entertaining night time show , something in which the park was sadly lacking. 

Day 4 : day four just really consisted of a lot of character meets over in Disneyland Park . I honestly did not mind spending so much time queuing as i just felt pure joy and bliss after meeting the characters . We hopped on Big Thunder mountain which was amazing especially considering the big refurb it had recently undergone . We also managed to meet Genie which I was suppeeer happy about . I was literally buzzing after that meet as Genie and the two cm's with him were so much fun .

Day 5: alot of day 5 was travelling and getting packed . We did however manage to get into Star Tours before we headed home , TWICE! It was my favourite thing about the whole trip , it made my day knowing I got to do the ride after having no expectation of doing it as it was under refurb. The first time we went we had the Pod scenes from Phantom Menace and Princess Leia and the second time around we got Darth Vader , Boba Fett , BB8 and Wookie Planet C scenes (the second time around was obviously the better of the two ) . For myself I also found siting in the back row was a bit more enjoyable than sitting in the front .

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :-*

[attachment deleted by admin]
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

YenSidBot

:) more pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

YenSidBot

MrsRoachy

BlackPearl

Thanks for your report! I like the photo of Ratatouille in the evening.  :D