Hotel Dilemma

Started by tillyjenny, March 11, 2017, 10:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tillyjenny

Looking for advice on how busy it will be from 9th Oct as it might help solve my hotel dilemma!
Currently booked with 30% off free hb offer in a NPB CC suite so get the VIP fastpass included but really tempted to change our booking for a DLH standard room because of the proximity to the park & that it includes Inventions etc in the dining. I would be booking Inventions for 3 nights out of the 4 & paying the difference if I continue with the NPB booking.
My main reason for changing is since I booked my MS has flared up again & although I know Oct is a long way off, knowing how previous relapses have gone, I am likely to be in a wheelchair (albeit not needing an adapted room). I am probably a bit of a freak as I don't go on rides, so although I would be eligible for a disability pass if I did, because I am not going to be doing any, I will be waiting around whilst my oh & kids do. This was ok when we visited in July last year, as the weather was fab & I loved just watching the people wander by, however on our later trip, the weather was horrendous & I was extremely grateful for the VIP pass we had because we were in empire state club & had booked under the old conditions.
So, do I change to DLH because its so much nearer & if the weather is awful / or I get too tired, I can go back much quicker, but possibly wait around longer in the parks due to the queues or do I keep the booking I have, have less of a wait whilst the others ride, but have a long wheel back to the hotel if the weather is bad or I need a break?
Can't afford castle club, its over double the price of the suite at NPB because that would have been the best of both worlds

thanks

claire2281

You can never 100% guarantee these things but presuming you are going during the week it shouldn't be that busy since that is outside both French and UK school holiday times.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

polar vixen

You might not want to do rides but could still get a eac and use it for character greets etc which might still help. Also if the weather is terrible at least you've got quick access back to your hotel rather than getting back to nbc.  If it were me.....I'd be upgrading to dlh.

Slimy yet satisfying

Not totally outwith UK school holidays...most of Scotland and Ireland are off!!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

claire2281

Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on March 11, 2017, 01:25:06 PM

True but looking at the wait times from that week last year, that really doesn't make a difference though.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

SVioletS

If it were me, I would prefer to be closer to the hotel as it would be easier to return and rest even if the others stayed in the park...

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Andybear

Quote from: claire2281 on March 11, 2017, 02:20:49 PM
Quote from: Slimy yet satisfying on March 11, 2017, 01:25:06 PM

True but looking at the wait times from that week last year, that really doesn't make a difference though.

It's the 25th anniversary this year though and I suspect a lot of people might go for that reason - one of my work colleagues and his family  are going at the beginning of May for example and they haven't been for several years.  I am certainly expecting the parks to be busier than they are during a 'normal' year.

Zee79

We went summer 2012 for the 20th and omg I'd never seen the park sooooo busy and we only use to go during the summer holidays. I'm glad we had 10 days with staying in an apartment. I'm going new year and expecting it to be busier than it normally is at new year this time.
If it was me & i could afford it i would choose the closer hotel. We can't afford the dearer hotels but got a great deal on the Sequoia lodge so my parents chose that over the Cheyenne due to it being a bit closer for my dad who now has to use a wheelchair because he can't walk far unaided.

tillyjenny

Quote from: polar vixen on March 11, 2017, 11:54:53 AM
You might not want to do rides but could still get a eac and use it for character greets etc which might still help. Also if the weather is terrible at least you've got quick access back to your hotel rather than getting back to nbc.  If it were me.....I'd be upgrading to dlh.

I forgot about the character greets & the eac, thanks for reminding me

tillyjenny

Thanks everyone, we have changed the dates of our stay to the week before outwith the Scottish / Irish holidays & changed the hotel booking to DLH, it was actually cheaper than the suite at NPB, so we added upgraded to full board to make up for the loss of the breakfast at NPB CC. We will take some brioche / snacks with us & have those for breakfast, do emh, have an early lunch & a late dinner, so will maximise time in the park, but with a proper break for me during the day & easy access back to the hotel if I need to.
Really want to stay at NPB, it looks gorgeous, but will leave that for another time when I have a good spell.

Thanks again for all the input, it really helped

SVioletS

Hi,

Just to add that you will have breakfast on dlh aswell. I've read that for guests staying there the breakfast Will be in the hotel or Plaza gardens instead of counter service breakfast.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

tillyjenny

Quote from: SVioletS on March 13, 2017, 11:54:02 AM
Hi,

Just to add that you will have breakfast on dlh aswell. I've read that for guests staying there the breakfast Will be in the hotel or Plaza gardens instead of counter service breakfast.

ooh, when I spoke to them, they said that under the current free half board offer it will be the same as the other hotels, you can pay to upgrade to the hotel / plaza breakfast but otherwise it's counter service, the breakfast voucher is worth 9 euros & you could use that against the breakfast upgrade, but not until you get there, hence why we went for the full board, I'll give them another call to double check. thanks