Walt Disney Travel Company

Started by chalky0123, March 12, 2017, 09:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chalky0123

Hi,

Booked for August in the SL, looks like we persuaded ourselves into upgrading to a Golden Forest room, but when I called WDTC they say they don't have the club rooms available to them. Not sure what to do now!

claire2281

Yes, unfortunately you can only book the club rooms and suites through Disney directly AFAIK. It certainly doesn't give them as an option when you try to book through the WDTC.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

chalky0123

Thanks. What I don't understand is the Wdtc motto, we don't just sell Disney we are Disney!

Surely they can put me in touch with someone to arrange an upgrade!

Andybear

Quote from: claire2281 on March 12, 2017, 09:48:50 PM
Yes, unfortunately you can only book the club rooms and suites through Disney directly AFAIK. It certainly doesn't give them as an option when you try to book through the WDTC.

The Walt Disney Travel Company is Disney!  I always book through them and it says on their invoices that it is a division of The Walt Disney Company Limited. 

Their motto is 'We don't just sell  Disney, we are Disney!'.

chalky0123

Exactly! So why can't they sort an upgrade?

Andybear

Quote from: chalky0123 on March 12, 2017, 10:19:35 PM
Thanks. What I don't understand is the Wdtc motto, we don't just sell Disney we are Disney!

Surely they can put me in touch with someone to arrange an upgrade!

If they have no availability then that's tough luck basically.  You could always try Disneyland Paris directly or some agents might have rooms available.  If you've already booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company though you'll probably lose your deposit if you then cancel with them and go elsewhere.

Andybear

Quote from: chalky0123 on March 12, 2017, 10:27:03 PM
Exactly! So why can't they sort an upgrade?

Because they've got no availability.   August is one of the busiest times of the year so the hotel might even be fully booked.  With this year being the 25th anniversary I'm expecting everything to be even busier than normal too.

chalky0123

There's availability through Disneyland Paris direct? As you say though may just be tough luck! Thanks for the replies.

Andybear

Quote from: chalky0123 on March 12, 2017, 10:33:00 PM
There's availability through Disneyland Paris direct? As you say though may just be tough luck! Thanks for the replies.

I don't know if there's availability through Disneyland Paris direct - I said there might be.  If you ring them they'll tell you  :)

You're welcome  :)

chalky0123

There is availability but no way we can afford to lose the £750 deposit paid to Wdtc 😰

msRavenswood

I can totally understand your frustration, chalky0123, as we are in a similar situation.

Back in August we booked 5 nights at SL GFC with TWDTC, but two months ago we decided to extend our stay. Upon checking their website I saw that there were to GFC rooms on offer, so I deciced to call them to find out about availabilty. That's when my 'nightmare' began.

The first time I called, the guy on the phone told me to wait until the new offer was released and give them a call then. When the 30% off plus free half board offer came out, I called them and I was told they had put Club Level rooms on hold until they figured out at what prices they would be offered and that they would be released in two weeks more or less. Two weeks later, the CM I talked to told me she didn't know why they don't have CL rooms available and they might not offer them at all.

Being super annoyed with the fact they gave me conflicting information each time I called them and that they are official agents of Disney yet they don't have any Club Level rooms available, I decided to send them an email in hopes of getting accurrate information this way.

I waited three weeks (!) before I received an answer. Here's what they told me:

'Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney Travel Co. UK.

I apologise if you have been given conflicting information, our timeline on releasing the Club Room availability has changed due to system restrictions.  I can advise that the Club Rooms are currently scheduled to be on sale by the end of April.'

Of course the 30% off ends on March 28th and then it will go to 20%. If the deposit wasn't a lot of money, I would cancel with them and re-book through the DLP site, but it costs as much as staying for one night at GFC. What I did, was to book two nights at the Cheyenne using my AP. Of course, it has cost us more than extending our package, but there was nothing else I could do.