Cheeky wee unexpected trip to DLRP (bit long)

Started by Elbow777, February 24, 2017, 11:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elbow777

Had to go to Paris this week for a 5-day course - an early start on Monday so had to fly to Paris on Sunday 19th.

As my flight landed early Sunday afternoon I decided at the last minute to sneak a couple of hours at the park. Jumped on the TGV and arrived about 4.30pm.

It's been a couple of years since I was last there and as it was really last minute (I decided on Sunday morning to go) I wasn't able to buy tickets in advance. I think I would have been able to get a two park ticket for about £45 but buying at the gate was €75 for one park only! Ouch...

But...I was at the ticket desk getting my ticket when a French lady tapped me on the shoulder and handed me her two parks,  3-day ticket she said she was about to put in the bin.  Not sure how this is viewed - I looked at the lady in the ticket office, asked her if this was ok and she shrugged and nodded.

So in I went. This was my 5th trip to DLRP and also the 25th anniversary of my first trip (almost) as we were there the year it opened.  Busiest I have ever seen the park...long queues for everything.

I headed straight for BTM - as the parade was starting soon thought it might be quieter. The last time we were there (summer 2015) we decided to end our trip with one last ride on BTM. Queued for an hour or so and just as we were about to board it broke down! So thought I would start where I left off! Guess what - it was still broken..joined a short line at the entry gate, waited for about 15 minutes only to be told it could be another hour or so before it would start again... :(

I only had a few hours so decided to head for the WDS via the Castle and Discoveryland. I have never seen La Tanière du Dragon before and somehow stumbled on it this time. Very good...

Joined single Q for Ratatouille and got on in about 20 minutes. The only ride I managed all day but great fun. Had a wander around the studios for a wee while - saw them setting up the Star Wars thing, saw a couple of Storm Troopers then headed to RNR Coaster but with a 50-minute queue I settled for a picture of the outside...

Got hungry - had a hot dog at Casey's outside looking at the Castle then headed for the train - last ever (possibly) wander up Main Street and away I went. Couldn't stay much longer as it was a 2-hour journey to the course venue and I needed to be fresh for the morning.

Loved wandering around and seeing the park busy - it was empty when we first went there in 1992!

seraphelle

Awww I'm glad you managed to get on a ride whilst you were there. Ratatouille is brilliant (although it usually gives me motion sickness!).

I was expecting the parks to not be busy but was surprised - it really was much busier than I thought it would be!
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019