February half term 4 nights

Started by ChipandDale99, February 20, 2017, 08:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChipandDale99

First a bit of background. This was my 18th trip to dlp for my 18th birthday! In my family is my mum and 14yo brother George. My aunt and uncle also came along as well as some family friends with two 18yo and 2 adults.
We stayed in the HNY for 4 nights starting Monday 13th
Day 1
We had booked eurotunnel early so very excited woke up at 4:00 for the 6:40 crossing. Had a bit of time in the terminal so got a Starbucks breakfast.
The drive from Calais took about 3 hours so we got to dlp at about 11:15. Checked in left luggage and went to Disney village. It's our tradition to have Annette's diner as our first meal so queued there for 10 mins. Food came out really quickly. I had the normal cheese burger and a chocolate milkshake. No one tried the Star Wars burger! Could be because it looked v weird.
After Annette's we headed to the main park. About 1:30 at this point. Walked up main street. (Always amazing first time in a trip) and followed yet again one of our traditions- phantom manor first ride. The queue was very long. At least for the usual February crowds but it turned out all queues would be like this for the rest of the week.
After this the adults wanted a sit down after the drive so they went to the Pinocchio restaurant for drinks. My brother, friends and I went to explore adventure isle. This was the first time since refurb. (As it was closed last time). We went round the tree house. Which looked so much better and fresher. We then went round the caves and across the suspension bridge. Captain hooks ship was closed. It always seems to be. (At least in February)
Queues were very long. I think it was because of season of the force so Feb half term became more popular but really going to try and avoid it next year. More expensive and busy.
Because of this and everyone being quite tired, we walked back to hotel looking in the shops and went for a swim.
We had booked connecting rooms with our friends but got to them to find they were just next door. The reception said they had no connecting ones left so we just moved on. For tea we had booked all nine of us into the parkside diner. It was very good. Food was great quality. My favourite was the make your own mini burger station.
Went to bed quite early so we could get up early for emh the next day.

Hope this was alright. I'll try to keep updating the days but it might take a little while as quite busy. I'm happy to answer any questions ☺☺

WOOKIENOOKIE

Great report, really interested to hear how busy things are and how the newly re opened attractions are.

ilovemainstxxx

We are thinking of perhaps going at this time next year , but unsure now as lots have said it is really busy ???
would love to here more...