Planning September 2018 trip, best time to book

Started by Alexafirechild, February 10, 2017, 11:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexafirechild

Myself and my friend are planning on going for a few days, staying in one of the cheaper hotels closer to the park.  When is the best time to book?
Thanks

dlpowl

For September 2018, I'd book this time next year, around February 2018 because this is the time of year when the 30% off and free Half Board meal plan offer comes on which in monetary terms is probably the highest value offer that Disney do.

It's just started now, for Summer/Autumn 2017 visits.  So this time next year for 2018.

Andybear

Quote from: dlpowl on February 11, 2017, 01:19:00 AM
For September 2018, I'd book this time next year, around February 2018 because this is the time of year when the 30% off and free Half Board meal plan offer comes on which in monetary terms is probably the highest value offer that Disney do.

It's just started now, for Summer/Autumn 2017 visits.  So this time next year for 2018.

It depends on your circumstances, how long you want to go for and where you want to eat.  I'm a solo traveller and  like going for 4 nights and In monetary terms the stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free offer is the best for me.  My trip this September is costing me £911.45, including direct Eurostar and half board premium meal plan to pay for California Grill, Inventions, Auberge de Cendrillon and Buffalo Bills.  Under the current offer it costs £1,202.68 as I'm staying at Sequoia Lodge and the 'plus' meal plan doesn't cover those so I have to pay for them all separately  so nearly a £300 saving when using the stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free offer.  That'll cover my spending money when I'm there.

dlpowl

Quote from: Andybear on February 11, 2017, 02:02:37 PM

It depends on your circumstances and how long you want to go for.  I like going for 4 nights and In monetary terms the stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free offer is the best for me.

Basically, Alexa, you don't need to worry until after Christmas because that's when the offers will start that apply to Sept 2018.  Xx

msRavenswood

Given the past release dates of offers, I'd agree with dlpowl, as I usually find the 30% off plus free half board the best deal. However, now that the Walt Disney Company might come into play, we cannot be sure if these offers will still be available if they do take over ownership of DLP. I'd say if you're happy with the current offer book now, and if a better offer comes out you can always switch. You could also pay a deposit and not the whole amount.

msRavenswood

Quote from: dlpowl on February 11, 2017, 02:13:46 PM

It depends on your circumstances and how long you want to go for.  I like going for 4 nights and In monetary terms the stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free offer is the best for me.

Basically, Alexa, you don't need to worry until after Christmas because that's when the offers will start that apply to Sept 2018.  Xx

You can already book up until September 2018 with the  up to 2 Nights & 2 Days free offer.

Andybear

Not true.  I booked my trip this September in June last year - I got an early booker offer which meant I paid 2016 prices instead of 2017.  The Eurostar wasn't available for booking that far ahead at the time and I added it to my booking in December.  I book my Disney trips with the Walt Disney Travel Company and the Eurostar was the same price with them as it was booking the Eurostar direct with Eurostar.

Andybear

I'm planning a trip to Walt Disney World next year (again booking through the Walt Disney Travel Company) and as soon as the dates are sorted I'm going to book it as soon as a decent offer is available, adding the flights at a later date if necessary.

dlpowl

Quote from: Andybear on February 11, 2017, 02:26:29 PM

Not true.  I booked my trip this September in June last year - I got an early booker offer which meant I paid 2016 prices instead of 2017.  The Eurostar wasn't available for booking that far ahead at the time and I added it to my booking in December.  I book my Disney trips with the Walt Disney Travel Company and the Eurostar was the same price with them as it was booking the Eurostar direct with Eurostar.

The only reason I didn't mention booking this early is because every time I've got a quote this early (without an offer other than paying the previous years price which never seems much different to me) it's never been cheaper than waiting until nearer the time.  I've been going to DLP for 10 years and have got so many quotes on so many different offers over the years but I've always got the best price about 6-8 months beforehand, usually a %age off and free meals.  I can only advise from my own experience so if I've given bad advice then I apologise.

Andybear

Quote from: dlpowl on February 11, 2017, 10:54:03 PM
Quote from: Andybear on February 11, 2017, 02:26:29 PM

The only reason I didn't mention booking this early is because every time I've got a quote this early (without an offer other than paying the previous years price which never seems much different to me) it's never been cheaper than waiting until nearer the time.  I've been going to DLP for 10 years and have got so many quotes on so many different offers over the years but I've always got the best price about 6-8 months beforehand, usually a %age off and free meals.  I can only advise from my own experience so if I've given bad advice then I apologise.

No need to apologise  :)  We all have different experiences, different circumstances etc and we go for the offer which bests suits us as and our circumstances :)

jeakat24

I didn't know you book this far in advance! You learn something new every day. I'm seriously tempted to book our next trip now, but it will literally be this time next year  :'(
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Andybear

Quote from: jeakat24 on February 12, 2017, 04:47:35 PM
I didn't know you book this far in advance! You learn something new every day. I'm seriously tempted to book our next trip now, but it will literally be this time next year  :'(

I booked last June for my trip this September - over a year in advance.  But that's the way I am.  I knew when I wanted to go and what offer I wanted so as soon as I got the offer I booked it.  But when you book your trip is totally up to you  :)   We're all different  :)

jeakat24

Quote from: Andybear on February 12, 2017, 05:24:19 PM

I booked last June for my trip this September - over a year in advance.  But that's the way I am.  I knew when I wanted to go and what offer I wanted so as soon as I got the offer I booked it.  But when you book your trip is totally up to you  :)   We're all different  :)

I used to be terrible for deciding about six weeks before travelling that I wanted to go. Now that I've got the kids I definitely have to plan things further in advance. I wish I could be as organised as you though!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Andybear

Quote from: jeakat24 on February 13, 2017, 09:06:44 PM
Quote from: Andybear on February 12, 2017, 05:24:19 PM

I used to be terrible for deciding about six weeks before travelling that I wanted to go. Now that I've got the kids I definitely have to plan things further in advance. I wish I could be as organised as you though!

I have to be very organised in my job (secretary in a firm of solicitors) and it often spills over into outside work too!  Also up until about 5 years ago I very rarely went on holiday - went 15 years without one - so now I tend to get it organised as soon as I know what dates I'm going!

andya

Quote from: Andybear on February 11, 2017, 02:41:16 PM
I'm planning a trip to Walt Disney World next year (again booking through the Walt Disney Travel Company) and as soon as the dates are sorted I'm going to book it as soon as a decent offer is available, adding the flights at a later date if necessary.

We're looking at the same thing. Last 2 weeks in August 2018, just waiting for those deals to be released.