Autographs

Started by SazrahJay, February 03, 2017, 09:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SazrahJay

What are the best type of pens to use when getting autographs off characters? I've seen so many different suggestions!

dlpowl

I think the characters themselves prefer the big chunky type biro pens they sell in the stores in DLP because they're easier for the characters to hold.

SazrahJay

Thank you! I didn't know whether it was worth getting them before I go but think I'll wait until I get there, one less thing to remember! Haha :)

dlpowl

Yeah, because most of the characters wear gloves, they struggle with normal sized pens.  I think the chunky pens are about €4 but don't quote me on that.  We bought ours on our 1st visit and many visits later they are still going strong!  Hahaa!

SazrahJay

That's great thank you! You've been such a big help with all my questions haha

dlpowl

Aaah, you're very welcome.  Have a great trip!

grovesie

Not really on topic, but I would like to share.

We did the autograph thing a bit different one year.... Instead of buying an autograph book and having the characters sign the pages. We went to the Disney store and purchased a pack of Disney snap playing cards. We asked the characters to sign their own card, and put this and the kids photo in the photo album. Just made it a bit different ...

tubbsy

OOH! Love that idea! We have 8 autograph books full!  :-[
I was trying to think of something to do on this visit

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

SazrahJay

That sounds like a really good idea! I must admit, at 21 I feel a bit old to be stood there with an autograph book haha!

polar vixen

Slightly more expensive but in our last visit your a group of ya with a instant Polaroid camera taking pics and asking characters to sign them as they developed. It took AGWS but they were certainly enjoying themselves

dlpowl

Ooh I love the snap card idea!

andya

We bought our children one of these each...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1423189140/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And had sharpies at the ready. The characters find the sharpies big enough, the books are great and you can have it open on the page ready for signing which is fab. They also make a great help for passing the time in the queues!

Really recommended!

SazrahJay

Thanks for the sharpie recommendation! I've found a lovely Paris scrapbook in Paperchase that I'm going to use from autographs so I can stick photos in it too  :)