Rainforest Cafe

Started by andya, January 27, 2017, 10:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andya

We're off to DLP in Aug and really want to eat at Rainforest Cafe.

Has anyone been? Would you recommend it? Can I book?

Thanks.

norhel

Quote from: andya on January 27, 2017, 10:23:32 AM
We're off to DLP in Aug and really want to eat at Rainforest Cafe.

Has anyone been? Would you recommend it? Can I book?

Thanks.

I've been there twice in 2009 (my last time to DLP).
I did enjoy both the food and the environment.
Not sure if they accept reservations.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

grovesie

We have enjoyed every trip there. Coupled with the 20% off voucher you get from Ludwigs or from themselves makes it a bit better. I could not make a reservation for our trip in 2 weeks

EmmaH

Enjoyed a delicious meal there last January and plan to eat there again on our next trip next week. 
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

nathalie

You can't make a reservation for Rainforest Café.

vampira

I've been there on our last visit. It was some time ago, but I'm sure it's still as great.
We loved the food. Good quality, and big portions.
The atmosphere as great too. Beautiful decorations, as if you were sitting in a real rainforest.  :)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

Sugaroo_

You can make a reservation for Rainforest Cafe (I did recently) but the earliest you can is 2 weeks before the day you wish to make the reservation for, and their last time slot for reservations is 19:00 (at least for January it was, maybe they make it later in the summer months). Hope this helped.
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

stormflm595

I enjoyed it, the fajitas are lovely! That said, I did prefer the London RC to the Disney Village but I would still go again. As far as I'm aware you can't make reservations but that might have changed?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

nathalie

Quote from: Sugaroo_ on February 01, 2017, 03:10:53 PM
You can make a reservation for Rainforest Cafe (I did recently) but the earliest you can is 2 weeks before the day you wish to make the reservation for, and their last time slot for reservations is 19:00 (at least for January it was, maybe they make it later in the summer months). Hope this helped.

Strange, we go and ask every time (just in case), and we always get the same answer.  Either at the restaurant, City Hall, or the info booth at the Studio's "no".

MrsRoachy

We couldn't book last time we went either. Will see if we can book when we go again in April when I'm in my 60days before travail

Sugaroo_

Quote from: nathalie on February 01, 2017, 08:20:19 PM
Strange, we go and ask every time (just in case), and we always get the same answer.  Either at the restaurant, City Hall, or the info booth at the Studio's "no".

Hi nathalie!

It's true you can't make a reservation for Rainforest Cafe from guest services in the parks or by telephone through Disney, you have to call the restaurant directly. If you go on the Rainforest Cafe site they state certain blockout dates, for example they don't take reservations during the Christmas Season or Easter (I can't remember the rest). Certain times of year it's probably a headache for them to take reservations because the parks are so packed, so it's first come first serve. We went in January off season and were able to make a reservation. I had initially tried to book through Disney and they told me I had to contact Rainforest Cafe directly. So I did but was told I can make a reservation but no sooner than 2 weeks before the reservation date, so again I waited called back and managed to book.   
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

andya

Thanks all.

I have seen online that you can book direct 2 weeks before the day you want to dine so may give that a go. If I don't book, what kind of waiting time can are you looking at?

seraphelle

I love the Rainforest Café, especially the Coronaritas  ;D ;D ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017