Lille onwards

Started by loulou169, January 08, 2017, 01:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou169

Hi everyone

I'm having difficulties finding out how to get from Lille to DLP. Can someone please tell me how I go about getting there from Lille! I apologise for my stupidness but I've never done the indirect train before so I could really do with the help!!

Thank you!!

Lou
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

CitrusZing

Hi. You will need to get the TGV train. It's the same station (Lille Europe) but you will need to change platforms.

From http://www.dlpguide.com/guidebook/practical/gettingtothemagic/eurostar/:

QuoteLille Europe
Upon arriving at Lille Europe, you'll have around 25 minutes free before the direct TGV to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy pulls in, usually headed to a final destination somewhere on the South coast of France, such as Montpellier.
When you're ready to head to the platform (quai), stamp your ticket using the machine in front of the escalators to validate it.  Conductors don't operate often on the trains, but make sure you have your ticket ready just in case.  They all wear uniform and will probably ask "billets s'il vous plaît".
All TGV trains are given unique ID numbers on your ticket, on departure boards and on the LED displays on the trains themselves, so it's far easier than you'd imagine to change trains abroad!  Display screens also show the exact position of each carriage, so you'll be stood in exactly the right spot to board when the train arrives.  Towards Disneyland the services are frequently two joined trains, so if you're rushing to get onboard make sure you jump onto the correct train or you might not get to your seat!

Return Journey
On the return journey, you'll be given extra time at Lille to allow for Eurostar check-in and security, which takes place at the far North of Lille Europe station and is clearly signposted.  Whilst the station concourse features cafés and newsagents, the departure lounge is small and simple, with vending machines for refreshments.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

loulou169

Thanks so much for the link! It good to finally start working out prices and weighing up the train or flying!!

loulou169

If you miss the train can you just catch the next one?