Top tip for first timer family

Started by zoonerdog, January 06, 2017, 09:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoonerdog

If you could recommend one thing to a first timer family(kids 7,5) travelling in February  what would it be? I would appreciate any advice.

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: zoonerdog on January 06, 2017, 09:44:08 PM
If you could recommend one thing to a first timer family(kids 7,5) travelling in February  what would it be? I would appreciate any advice.

Make the effort to get out of bed and be at the main gate for the start of EMH. That extra time in the park makes a huge difference. You can get so much done, and then start queuing 15 minutes before the general admission time at the Lands and attractions that are not open. Then while the general public are scrambling for their first rides you can take a breather, have a snack go shopping etc
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

dencarter

February? Tip advice is to bring a lot of warm clothing, including thermal base layers. Especially important as Pirates of the Caribbean, the place we usually go to warm up on a cold Disney day, will be closed during your visit!

Secondly, remember the parks are much more than rides and shows. Take time to explore the scenery. Look around. Be nosey. Enjoy the level of detail. You'll have a blast!

ChipandDale99

My top tip would be the same as bad-pink-tink.
But I would also say don't just rush round all the rides take your time to enjoy the parks atmosphere as you'll find little hidden gems (for example it took us a couple of years to find the Alladin (story walk through) passage.)

Andybear

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on January 07, 2017, 04:51:18 PM
My top tip would be the same as bad-pink-tink.
But I would also say don't just rush round all the rides take your time to enjoy the parks atmosphere as you'll find little hidden gems (for example it took us a couple of years to find the Alladin (story walk through) passage.)

I third this!  It's a beautiful park to walk around and enjoy the scenery.  One of my favourite parts is Adventure Isle, it's lovely and has some stunning waterfalls.  Look out for skull rock.

Also look around the castle - both the gallery upstairs and the dragon downstairs.