EPCOT to get overhaul

Started by Rocketeer, November 19, 2016, 07:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Details are thin on the ground at the moment, but EPCOT will be getting an overhaul at some point. At Destination D at WDW, Bob Chapek (Chairman of Parks & Resorts) had this to say...
QuoteChapek stated that he was telling Imagineers to "dream big" in fixing the park. Bob also stated that changes and additions will be "Disney, timeless, relevant, and family friendly". He also stated that Epcot would remain true to its original vision.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/11/ban-chapek-confirms-disney-will-overhaul-epcot/

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Puffin

EPCOT definitely needs some attention, but I hope the spirit of the park stays roughly the same. Love the atmosphere there.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Rocketeer

Nothing specific, but I hear that "more characters" are on the way. I'm guessing that means more attractions shoehorned into the World Showcase.

I suppose the idea of Remy l'Adventure appearing in France is more a certainty now. After all I doubt they'd do an Aristocats ride. ;)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

Wouldn't it be great if they did decide to complete the never-built World Showcase attactions? Such as the Rhine River Cruise.