Breakfast planning

Started by Pamela, September 29, 2016, 08:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pamela

Hello,

We're going to stay at the Cheyenne hotel in November and I heard that breakfast can be a bit messy (Lots of people, long queues, not that much room to be seated etc.) unless you're willing to have breakfast at 7 (I do want to want that, but I'm not sure I will be able to. I'm not really good at the whole waking-up thing....).

My three questions are:
1) Is it as bad as I've heard it to be?
2) Any tips on how to handle this?
3) Are you allowed to have breakfast at another hotel?

Thanks in advance guys!

disneymagic006

Cheyenne breakfast can be a bit of a pain, particularly if lots of large groups are staying. On our last trip we had some good days and some not so good. Think you just need to go with the flow.

My top tips:
1. The earlier or later you go the less hectic. Avoid 8am!
2. Get your table first and take turns to get your food. Nothing worse than your cereal going soggy trying to find a table.
3. If you have little ones highchairs can be hard to find and place at the table (can be cramped). Get help from a member of staff who are more than happy to help.

You aren't allowed breakfast at another hotel but can request a breakfast in the park which is used as an overflow. Request this on check in to avoid disappointment.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

A&S&O

Quote from: disneymagic006 on September 30, 2016, 04:48:52 AM
You aren't allowed breakfast at another hotel but can request a breakfast in the park which is used as an overflow. Request this on check in to avoid disappointment.

This is great, but not always available. If it is available, you may only be able to do it on one day of your stay.
We've seen it offered in the Chalet au Marionette, but its more usual to have it in Plaza Gardens.
It means you can go straight to the park for Magic Hours at 8, then book your breakfast slot for when the park starts to get busy at around 9.30.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

MrsRoachy

I didn't realise you can request breakfast in the park. Will remember that as an option for when we go in April

Andybear

Cheyenne breakfast can be a bit of a pain, particularly if lots of large groups are staying. On our last trip we had some good days and some not so good. Think you just need to go with the flow.

My top tips:
1. The earlier or later you go the less hectic. Avoid 8am!
2. Get your table first and take turns to get your food. Nothing worse than your cereal going soggy trying to find a table.
3. If you have little ones highchairs can be hard to find and place at the table (can be cramped). Get help from a member of staff who are more than happy to help.

I wonder if they'll still do that when they start charging for breakfast due to the different breakfast charges in each grade of hotel.

Pamela

Quote from: A&S&O on September 30, 2016, 10:58:57 AM

This is great, but not always available. If it is available, you may only be able to do it on one day of your stay.
We've seen it offered in the Chalet au Marionette, but its more usual to have it in Plaza Gardens.
It means you can go straight to the park for Magic Hours at 8, then book your breakfast slot for when the park starts to get busy at around 9.30.

Thanks all, for your answers!

So what would you suggest? Just ask for the option during check in, or ask for this every morning/every night for the next morning?

A&S&O

Ask at check in. If they don't give you one, ask each night and/or morning, depending on how desperate you are.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Zesty

What kind of breakfast do you get in the park (staying at Disneyland hotel)?

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Zesty on October 15, 2016, 01:33:02 PM
What kind of breakfast do you get in the park (staying at Disneyland hotel)?

Not as wide spread as the DLH stick with your breakfast if staying there its amazing

polar vixen

Agreed. I almost cried when they put the walk in price up to 40 euros per person as we couldn't justify it but we went once before that and breakfast was AMAZING

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: polar vixen on October 15, 2016, 11:34:45 PM
Agreed. I almost cried when they put the walk in price up to 40 euros per person as we couldn't justify it but we went once before that and breakfast was AMAZING

I no how bad was that! This is probably the last time we'll eat there because of the breakfast prices now which is also a lot! The hotel itself is so expensive we certainly couldn't afford that plus the breakfast price...

Zesty

Wow! Is that price for inventions? Where is the breakfast for people staying? I can't find any info online, can only see inventions which I assume people have to pay extra for?