Mobile Case - Plastic Tag Purpose?

Started by glassesgal123, October 13, 2016, 07:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassesgal123

Hi everyone,

I bought a camera case from the Disney park, which I love. However, I'm not sure why the minnie mouse charm is attached with a plastic tag, like it's suppose to be removed. I've attached a few screenshots of this, so you can see what I'm referring to.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is?

Thank you  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

norhel

Quote from: glassesgal123 on October 13, 2016, 07:03:46 PM
Hi everyone,

I bought a camera case from the Disney park, which I love. However, I'm not sure why the minnie mouse charm is attached with a plastic tag, like it's suppose to be removed. I've attached a few screenshots of this, so you can see what I'm referring to.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is?

Thank you  :)

First of all, welcome to the forum :)
And by the picture you added, it looks like it is for a price tag, that could be removed.
No idea why it is like that.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

glassesgal123

Hi norhel - thank you:) and thanks for the speedy reply  :) I wondered that. but if I remove the tag, the minnie mouse charm goes with it too, so it's no longer attached to the case  :'( (sorry, if I didn't make this clear in my message).

norhel

Quote from: glassesgal123 on October 14, 2016, 11:21:59 AM
Hi norhel - thank you:) and thanks for the speedy reply  :) I wondered that. but if I remove the tag, the minnie mouse charm goes with it too, so it's no longer attached to the case  :'( (sorry, if I didn't make this clear in my message).

I see. It seems odd that it is attached like that. Can't say that I've heard about that before.
The only long shot I have is that it maybe replaced the original "wire" that was there, but that seems odd also.
So I haven't a clue about any other reason to be honest.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Puffin

That's so weird! Can you return it? Or are you home already?
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

glassesgal123

Thanks for your responses Puffin & norhel. Yes - it's super weird. Same - I wondered if they had to add the plastic tag, because the original tag didn't work.

I bought it last month and I really like it, so I wouldn't want to return it, but I just wondered why there was a plastic tag instead of something a little more fitting for the case.

Oh well - one of life's mysteries.

Thanks for your thoughts though :)

jacmurphy

im guessing its just a temporary tag that matches the case so you can attach it where you want you could get a split ring and attach it yourselt that way. Would look nicer
May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge

glassesgal123