Rides for toddlers?

Started by TJBezz, October 13, 2016, 11:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJBezz

Which rides would you consider are suitable for toddlers?
apart from dumbo,teacups,peter pan etc
We will be going with a 2year old and a 4year old.
Would it be ok to go on the Parachute drop?
how about crush for the 4year old? would it be too much? i read its not suitable for under 7's but know 5year olds who went on it  ???

whatsupanders

Quote from: TJBezz on October 13, 2016, 11:50:24 AM
Which rides would you consider are suitable for toddlers?
apart from dumbo,teacups,peter pan etc
We will be going with a 2year old and a 4year old.
Would it be ok to go on the Parachute drop?
how about crush for the 4year old? would it be too much? i read its not suitable for under 7's but know 5year olds who went on it  ???

This obviously depends on the height of the child. The minimum height requirement for Crush is 1.07m. Personally, I think Crush would be a bit too much for my niece but all children are different.She went on the Parachute Drop at 4 and loved it, so that should be fine.

There's a good guide on height restrictions here: http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/advice/ride-restrictions/

I will add that some kids might find Snow White scary.

never2old

When my daughter was 2 she loved Buzz, the Fantasyland darkrides (though Pinocchio and Snow White were a little bit scary), IASW, Dumbo, Pays des Contes de Fees (we also did Casey Jr, but she was a bit scared in it), the Teacups, and the Labyrinth. Basically all of Fantasyland (and Buzz). In the Studios she liked Cars and the flying carpets.

Then there were the characters, and the shows. She was very keen on Disney Jr Live on Stage (and loved dancing with Sofia before the show).

Now she's 5, so we can add a few to her list of favourite rides: Slinky Dog and Ratatouille in the Studios, and in DLP there's Pirates and Autopia, and she's now a big fan of Casey Jr. We're hoping she'll like BTM when it opens again! Meeting the characters is still her favourite thing though. And the live shows (she's a huge fan of Mickey and the Magician!)

Since she was scared when she was younger on Casey Jr we didn't even try Crush. Maybe if it turns out she loves BTM we can give that a go. She would probably be OK with the Parachutes, but she loves Slinky Dog so much that we hardly get to do anything else. Each child is different!

FaithTrustPixieDust15

My 18 month old loved the slinky dog think we went on it 3 times in a row! Peter Pan,cars and teacups were the biggest hits the last time we went! My 4 year old loves the buz ride and they both loved adventure isle we spent ages there!

lovindisney87

My 21 month old (when we went) loved all of fantasyland, pirates, buzz, autopia, parachute drop, carpets, slinky dog, the shows and character meets were a big hit too. The only ones she wasn't really keen on that we did were ratatouille, she was fine till they did the drop bit on a screen that did make it feel like u were actually dropping, she did go on it a few times and got better and haunted mansion, she point blank refused to go back on this one.
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

MrsRoachy

My 4 year old went on more rides than her 6 year old sister when we went! She loved crush, slinky, Ratatoullie, casey junior, buzz. We wanted to go on parachute drop but my eldest wasn't feeling well so we went back to the hotel for a rest.

TJBezz

so 4 year olds can go on crush??  ;D

MrsRoachy

Quote from: TJBezz on October 15, 2016, 10:14:52 AM
so 4 year olds can go on crush??  ;D

There's a height limit (she was just big enough). There was nothing to say there was an age limit and we saw loads of other small children in the queue

Zee79

Majority of rides in Disney are height based not age, age is often at the discretion of the cast member. My daughter & nephew aged 9 months & 10 months were allowed on both pirates & flying carpets but my nieces 2yrs later aged 11months were not. If you do take younger children on faster rides it's your responsibility not disney's is what they say. Only you know if your child would be okay. My eldest would have been  at age 4 because she is tall and she is a complete dare devil, my youngest no, she won't even go on it now aged 10.

samuelvictor

Oh my gosh please don't take a 4 year old on Crush's Coaster! - I'm a 6ft tall 35 year old man and I can only just about cope with it! :-[ My daughter loved it at 9, but she's a thrill seeker - definitely wouldn't have been ok with it at 4 though. Its very, very fast, dark and loud.

Highly recomend Casey Junior and Pays de Contes de Fees... and don't forget the Disney Junior and Stitch Live shows. Wish we had takenour kids when they were that young to enjoy the gentler stuff more :)

MrsRoachy

Quote from: samuelvictor on October 17, 2016, 02:31:13 PM
Oh my gosh please don't take a 4 year old on Crush's Coaster! - I'm a 6ft tall 35 year old man and I can only just about cope with it! :-[ My daughter loved it at 9, but she's a thrill seeker - definitely wouldn't have been ok with it at 4 though. Its very, very fast, dark and loud.

I guess it depends on the child, my 4 year old loved it and wanted to go again, we just couldn't face the queue again!

TJBezz

Thank you all. we decided to skip crush for now.  ;)