Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary - until 9th September 2018

Started by Rocketeer, October 10, 2016, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyGagaChick

It all sounds amazing! Though Im not thrilled about the Space Mountain retheme.

Rocketeer

^Funny isn't it, the more revenue they've got, the cheaper they seem to become where it counts.

Sure SDL is a huge investment, (amongst other progammes of investment in the US) and aquiring the majority holding in EuroDisney SCA certinaly wasn't pocket change, but they need to put some real investment into 'The Happiest Place in Europe'.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Mtlchuck

Quote from: Rocketeer on October 18, 2016, 09:57:01 PM
^Funny isn't it, the more revenue they've got, the cheaper they seem to become where it counts.

Sure SDL is a huge investment, (amongst other progammes of investment in the US) and aquiring the majority holding in EuroDisney SCA certinaly wasn't pocket change, but they need to put some real investment into 'The Happiest Place in Europe'.

They surely do. If you check the low ratings for DLP on TripAdvisor, many people mention "nothing new" and "aging rides". A lick of paint on old attractions is not perceived as a reason to re-visit as new attractions. I honestly believe DLP is pristine compared to the upkeep level of other European theme parks (heck, even several important cultural structures are graffitied and crumbling!). Americans see DLP as a failure because of fading paint and litter, while Europeans due to lack of attractions. Moreover, for the average guest, the only attractions with a repeat value in Parc Disneyland are Space Mountain, Buzz, and BTMRR. Once more, the park needs new attractions with large capacity - New experiences = satisfaction. Guests to DLP have pretty much been treated to the SAME experience since 1995.

Andybear

Quote from: Mtlchuck on October 18, 2016, 10:43:44 PM
Quote from: Rocketeer on October 18, 2016, 09:57:01 PM

They surely do. If you check the low ratings for DLP on TripAdvisor, many people mention "nothing new" and "aging rides". A lick of paint on old attractions is not perceived as a reason to re-visit as new attractions. I honestly believe DLP is pristine compared to the upkeep level of other European theme parks (heck, even several important cultural structures are graffitied and crumbling!). Americans see DLP as a failure because of fading paint and litter, while Europeans due to lack of attractions. Moreover, for the average guest, the only attractions with a repeat value in Parc Disneyland are Space Mountain, Buzz, and BTMRR. Once more, the park needs new attractions with large capacity - New experiences = satisfaction. Guests to DLP have pretty much been treated to the SAME experience since 1995.

I'm an 'average guest' and the only one of those three I like is Big Thunder Mountain.  I like loads of others which I happily do time and time again.   

Mtlchuck

If you post on a Disney forum, you're not an average guest ;)

Andybear

Thaliel

Aw man, I really love dreams. It is rather sad to see it go. I am merely hoping Illuminations will be as awesome as Dreams is
<-Plz click

mrpiggywinkles52

Not sure why everyone is so annoyed really...yes Hyperspace Mountain is a bit...well cheaply done shall we say, but I guess that they needed to be able to list a Star Wars attraction to help draw people in.

Other than that I'm pleasantly surprised, sure I would have loved a nighttime parade but the reality is that was unrealistic too since Paint the Night seems to cost a TON to do. I'm impressed and to be honest I imagine TWDC just wants to get this celebration over with so they can focus on really trying to move the resort forwards post anniversary. What that exactly entails remains to be seen, I imagine redoing WDSP will be highest on that list, but hopefully DLP gets something new as well.

Maybe some people don't believe that they will move things forwards, but the last few months have seen more smoking areas, nicer CMs ( Or so I've been told, never had an issue with them so far), more characters, photopass photographers actually out, extensive refurbishments of all the parks, finally starting to get some of the modern overlays IE Hyperspace and updating attractions that desperately need it like Pirates or BTM or Star Tours. Not to mention all the stuff from the anniversary. I am optimistic for the future of the resort, hopefully it doesn't include a GOTG tower but if that is the price we have to pay to get this resort up to the Disney standard then so be it.

dazzle_v2003

I'm really excited for this upcoming anniversary celebration. Considering this last year due to events outside of Disney's control the attendance has been extremely low compared to usual I was expecting a massive reduction on their anniversary plans due to costs. To have 4 new shows, illuminations, Daytime Parade, Birthday Cavcalade and Princess Castle Stage Show is really impressive. Plus a lot of money has been spent on refurbishing the big main rides of DLP like BTM, Pirates, Alice's maze.

Also I do feel the resort is improving on all it's other issues like Smoking, maintenance etc it will all make a better quality experience for guests which means the resort will get better reviews.

It's an exciting time for DLP and hopefully this will be the year the resort turns itself around.

Rocketeer

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

whatsupanders

Darth Vader Meet & Greet Confirmed:

New: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Launched at the opening of Disneyland Park in 1992, Star Tours soon established itself as a cult ride. 25 years later, it's back with a new experience, new destinations, a new pilot, new characters and new 3D technology. Introducing Star Tours: The Adventures Continue! Prepare for lift-off on an all-new, action-packed, 3D intergalactic voyage... it's sure to be epic.

Thanks to a multitude of new scenes and more than 70 possible mission combinations, guests will never know where the Force might take them. Every ride will offer unique surprises with journeys through the planet Jakku, Naboo, Hoth, Tatooine and more, perhaps even via the Death Star. Guests will travel through the galaxy with a new pilot, C-3PO, meeting heroes they have never encountered until now. Watch out for Darth Vader... Each scenario, journey and unexpected development is random to ensure that guests enjoy an original experience every time and fully immerse themselves in the universe of the Star WarsTM films. Episodes I to VII inclusive.

New: Meet the Dark Side of the Force

Good news! Disneyland Paris guests will finally get the chance to meet the formidable Darth Vader every day. Head to the new dedicated area near the Star Tours: The Adventures Continue ride for a private meet and greet. A tip for those who dare to make an appearance? Don't let your guard down when taking photos.

New: Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain: Rebel Mission

In spring 2017, Star WarsTM will take over a legendary space-themed ride. Space Mountain will become Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain for a totally unique experience. In a brand new environment inspired by the Star WarsTM universe, guests can join the famous Rebel Alliance and become pilots on a sensational mission. They will travel through the Star WarsTM galaxy at intense speed, to the epic soundtrack of the saga.

The experience will also have amazing visuals with breath-taking special effects. Experience a unique and exciting voyage through the Star WarsTM universe and enjoy the thrill of evading TIE fighters and an intimidating Star Destroyer.

New: Disney Stars on Parade

Another exciting journey awaits guests in the brand new Disney Parade. With dizzying new floats, new music, a plethora of Disney Stars and new costumes, Disney Stars on Parade will dazzle guests of all ages.

In Disney Stars on Parade, we follow Mickey and Friends on a real journey of discovery to the land of imagination, divided into eight chapters. Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Goofy and Chip and Dale are explorers of the future... with a steampunk-inspired futuristic look. The heroes of Toy Story are close behind, ready to take guests "to infinity and beyond!"! Roar along with Simba to the problem-free philosophy, "Hakuna Matata"! Similarly, Baloo and Mowgli remind us that all it takes to be happy are "the bare necessities", to the sound of percussion that conjures up a sense of adventure and a jungle atmosphere. Head for Neverland with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys! The underwater world is also celebrated with Nemo, Marlin and Dory. Listen out for the roar of Maleficient's majestic dragon form, which challenges Prince Phillip and actually breathes fire. Fortunately, the romance of the Disney Princesses always triumphs over evil. The final chapter of this world of wonder ends as the book closes with an icy blast, thanks to the much-loved heroines of Frozen.

New: Mickey presents "Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris"

The Disney Stars invite guests to gather in front of the stage at Sleeping Beauty Castle for a huge anniversary celebration, every day of the year. From all over the park, they join together in step until the arrival of everyone's favourite mouse. To mark this exceptional anniversary, Mickey makes a grand entrance dressed in his smartest outfit: a blue and silver dinner jacket in the celebratory colours. 1, 2, 3, 4, it's time to sing together: "Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris"!

New: The Starlit Princess Waltz

With a sprinkle of fairy dust, Tinker Bell opens the festivities. Aurora wants to invite the other Disney Princesses to the ball: Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Rapunzel and Tiana. Each princess makes her entrance in a magnificent ball gown, specially created for the 25th Anniversary, to the sound of a romantic fanfare. Their message: to remind the audience that every little girl, regardless of her age or background, is a Princess. This show is enhanced by the spectacular fountains in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

New: Disney Illuminations

As night falls, it is time for the final spectacular new experience: Disney Illuminations. This all-new show, featuring state-of-the-art technology, incorporates sound, lights, projections, fountains and breathtaking pyrotechnic effects.

Every night, against the backdrop of the Castle, Mickey takes us on a captivating journey, following in the footsteps of the heroes of animated masterpieces. He transports the audience to a dimension where the stories of The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo and Frozen come to life, with the projection of "live action" film images for the very first time. Guests will witness an incredible naval battle featuring the Black Pearl, the legendary ship of Jack Sparrow. Finally, stars are on the agenda, with a sequence of "live action images" which will delight all Star Wars fans. Featuring the Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighters and Stormtroopers... The Force is strong with Disney Illuminations.

From 26 March 2017, come and enjoy the dazzling new experiences to mark the 25th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris.

For more information: http://25th-anniversary.disneylandparis.co.uk/

princesspiggy

A new (small but cute) movie has been released with the characters celebrating the 25th anniversary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-diH7iphuo

Thaliel

"Maleficient's majestic dragon form, which challenges Prince Phillip and actually breathes fire."
Fire-breathing dragon? how cool (or rather, hot) is THAT!
Oh, and I hope Illuminations will also contain some moana footage and song, love dem polynesian vibes
<-Plz click

princesspiggy

Disneyland Paris yesterday officially presented the 25th anniversary outfits (in sparkling blue) of Mickey & Minnie Mouse

https://news.disneylandparis.com/blog/2017/01/25/mode-25e-anniversaire/

And they have released the first concept art of one of the new floats of the new parade. This float is starring Elsa, Anna & Olaf

http://dedicatedtodlp.com/2017/01/25/new-frozen-float-for-disneyland-paris-25th-anniversary-disney-stars-on-parade/

ilovemainstxxx

Hi
Has anything been released yet about when it will end ???
Still trying to decide if we need to go before April or if we could hold out till August