Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary - until 9th September 2018

Started by Rocketeer, October 10, 2016, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puffin

I understand the people that are disappointed by these recent official announcements, but I'm kind of hopeful that this 25th celebration is only a new start and that they'll build upon this new foundation in the coming years.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Sulley's Arms

I'm pleased overall with the announcement details, as it confirmes that out trips in Feb, Aug & Nov will have different elements to enjoy, which isn't a bad thing.

The only element I don't think will work is having live action as part of the Dreams / Illuminations show.  The animation elements are made to suit the castle 'screen', whereas excerpts from movies are likely to be panned & scanned, with a lot of scrolling / blurred images (like the Toy Story segment of Christmas Dreams, that was made for the more panoramic 'screen' at Paradise Pier in California, not a relatively tall & narrow castle).
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

15stitch

I wasn't planning on going next year (off to WDW) but now I really want to! 

So I need a lottery win or to rob a bank!
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

Mitchell

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on October 18, 2016, 09:50:57 AM
I hope Disney Illuminations is a night-time parade and not just fireworks.
It is the new castle show.
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

seraphelle

Quote from: Rocketeer on October 17, 2016, 08:46:19 PM
Sure, but they were being added regardless. What would have impressed me more was an annoucement of the Cantia replacing the Pizza Planet restaurant.

OMG this would have been amazing!!!!!
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Rocketeer

Quote from: Mtlchuck on October 18, 2016, 12:19:55 AM
I am, big time. But this is not exclusive to DLP, it seems to be the way to go with Disney Parks lately.
True.

Then again, at least they are doing something. MK turned 45 and got naff all. At least they didn't try to ignore it, like EPCOT 30 or DHS 30.

Oh wait... WDS turns 15 and its not even been mentioned.

Quote from: Mtlchuck on October 18, 2016, 12:19:55 AM
I was really hoping for Soarin' over the Horizon to be added to Adventureland (my first wish has always been Indiana Jones Adventure, but that's way over budget). I was hoping for Paint The Night as well (it was a matter of just cloning the existing HK and California parades).
Excellent suggestion on both. They'd make amazing additions to the park.

Quote from: A&S&O on October 18, 2016, 09:25:40 AM
Nothing "new" then, just current things changed / rethemed.

I guess the hype of calling it a surprise announcement was for people that don't follow the rumours of DLP.

Quite a few good points made in this thread. I wonder how many Disney people cringe at what they get told to implement. "We've got to have something from this film", "OK, lets nail it to that ride". "We've got to feature these characters", "Ok, we can put them there, next to the existing ones". I'm surprised this is happening, I thought that now TWDC have effectively taken control of the park, they would have been a bit more "Disney" about refurbing / developing the parks.

Here you leave today and enter a world of that movie you like.. and that other one.. and that one you sort of like.

Quote from: Puffin on October 18, 2016, 10:24:19 AM
I understand the people that are disappointed by these recent official announcements, but I'm kind of hopeful that this 25th celebration is only a new start and that they'll build upon this new foundation in the coming years.
I like your optimisim.  :) We have to look on the bright side.

Sure the 25th is light on big ticket items, but at least they are doing something. I guess TWDC took control to really have an effect on the Silver Anniversary (in terms of new attractions), but perhaps once this celebration cycle is underway they can focus on pushing the resort further forward.

The campaign to make DLPs 30th amazing starts here!  ;D

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

amanda08

Considering how shockingly quiet the parks have been on each of my visits this year (and xmas last year) I think what we are getting is probably more then I was expecting. Lets just hope it brings more visitors. As much as I love a park with no queues, it was actually pretty sad to see it relatively empty during peak seasons this year

Mtlchuck

Quote from: Puffin on October 18, 2016, 10:24:19 AM

Part of the celebrations, although nothing they can announce, is the massive refurbishment and repainting that has been going on around. IASW, Big Thunder, Adventure Isle, Alice's Labyrinth, the Geysers, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the rumoured Phantom Manor - hopefully these will be regularly unkept.

Other suggestions that would be price effective both in increasing the capacity and bringing new rides (albeit clones): Mickey's Phillharmagic, Pooh, and Little Mermaid in Fantasyland, the Shanghai Pirates Stunt Show in Adventureland, Midway Mania in the Studios. Instead of Indiana Jones Adventure, the Indiana Jones coaster could be covered in a building, and having its track expanded into a dark-ride segment, similar to Crush's Coaster, with the coaster section filled with lasers, fire, and projection mapping effects. New ride with a smaller budget! Also, lose the Indiana Jones theme to justify this as a new ride... Mystic Manor elements?

AT LEAST we are not getting Phantom Manor: The Phantom Menace. Totally possible nowadays  :-X.

Mtlchuck

Also, let us not feel bad, a quick recap what Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom (both HIGHLY profitable parks, unlike our dear DLP) have gotten for their big anniversaries:

Disneyland 50th (2005): New fireworks, new daytime parade. No rides.
Disneyland 60th (2015): New fireworks, new nighttime parade. No rides.(SWL only announced later)
Magic Kingdom 25th (1997): Tacky birthday castle. Re-branding of Mickey's Toontown fair (just plastic tents).
Magic Kingdom 45th (2016): No new fireworks, loss of night-time parade. No new rides.

Spacepilot

Yes, this is the show replacing Dreams
It is adapted from the show in Shanghai

msRavenswood

Quote from: Mtlchuck on October 18, 2016, 06:53:25 PM
Other suggestions that would be price effective both in increasing the capacity and bringing new rides (albeit clones): Mickey's Phillharmagic, Pooh, and Little Mermaid in Fantasyland, the Shanghai Pirates Stunt Show in Adventureland, Midway Mania in the Studios. Instead of Indiana Jones Adventure, the Indiana Jones coaster could be covered in a building, and having its track expanded into a dark-ride segment, similar to Crush's Coaster, with the coaster section filled with lasers, fire, and projection mapping effects. New ride with a smaller budget! Also, lose the Indiana Jones theme to justify this as a new ride... Mystic Manor elements?

I love your ideas!

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Mitchell on October 18, 2016, 01:13:56 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on October 18, 2016, 09:50:57 AM
I hope Disney Illuminations is a night-time parade and not just fireworks.
It is the new castle show.
That doesn't mean it couldn't begin with nighttime parade. 'Illuminations' isn't very specific.

Rocketeer

Quote from: Mtlchuck on October 18, 2016, 07:11:15 PM
Also, let us not feel bad, a quick recap what Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom (both HIGHLY profitable parks, unlike our dear DLP) have gotten for their big anniversaries:

Disneyland 60th (2015): New fireworks, new nighttime parade. No rides.(SWL only announced later)
Magic Kingdom 25th (1997): Tacky birthday castle. Re-branding of Mickey's Toontown fair (just plastic tents).
Magic Kingdom 45th (2016): No new fireworks, loss of night-time parade. No new rides.

WDW was the real winner for Disneyland's 50th. Wasn't it..

MK: Cinderellbration
EPCOT: Soarin'
Studios: Moteurs Action
DAK: Everest

Let's just hope the Magic Kingdom repays the favour in '21. Paris needs some gifts please!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Puffin

Magic Kingdom 25th (1997): Tacky birthday castle.

haha, right. how could i forget this!

may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Mtlchuck

Quote from: Rocketeer on October 18, 2016, 09:03:05 PM

WDW was the real winner for Disneyland's 50th. Wasn't it..

MK: Cinderellbration
EPCOT: Soarin'
Studios: Moteurs Action
DAK: Everest

Let's just hope the Magic Kingdom repays the favour in '21. Paris needs some gifts please!

Well,
Cinderellabration = clone show from Japan
Soarin' = Clone from California, with incoherent team of California in Epcot
Moteurs Action = Clone show from Paris
DAK = Everest: only winner, even with Disco Yeti

Disney has just gone cheap :(