Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary - until 9th September 2018

Started by Rocketeer, October 10, 2016, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpiggywinkles52

The Disneyland Park sign is missing today, some people speculating a name change for the park to the Magic Kingdom or the resort's name being changed, which I guess is possible, I imagine the name Disneyland Paris has gained somewhat of a bad name attached to it, before the 25th rehab plans were announced I remember a lot of petitions and some mainstream media articles, perhaps they want to rebrand to represent a new dawn for the resort now that the Walt Disney Company owns the vast majortity and has more or less taken over at this point.

msRavenswood

It could be possible. Three more days and we'll know for sure.

Rocketeer

Interesting idea. Maybe Royaume Magique? Hmmm.. and if they do change it to «Le Magic Kingdom», what will the resort be called? Surely that'd remain as Disneyland (Resort) Paris?

And...(cynisicim ahoy!) even if they do change it, people will still call it 'EuroDisney' !  >:(

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

I feel like it'd be Magic Kingdom in English or something like that, I feel like that is more marketable, maybe it'd be Walt Disney World Paris? Walt Disney resort Paris? Disneyland Europe? No idea lol.

RockNRoller

I think I've got it. The introduction of Star Wars characters around the park. The suit of armour in PM will become a Storm Trooper, The barrel where they are suggesting Jack Sparrow will pop up will really be R2D2, Dumbo will be replaced with X-wing fighters and the scene where Pan and Hook are fighting (Peter Pans Flight) will become Obiwan and Vader.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

mickey1980

Quote from: RockNRoller on October 15, 2016, 11:12:04 AM
I think I've got it. The introduction of Star Wars characters around the park. The suit of armour in PM will become a Storm Trooper, The barrel where they are suggesting Jack Sparrow will pop up will really be R2D2, Dumbo will be replaced with X-wing fighters and the scene where Pan and Hook are fighting (Peter Pans Flight) will become Obiwan and Vader.

Sounds plausible  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Puffin

any news on what time to expect the announcement?
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

stormflm595

I'm wondering if it's an expansion of Studios? Could be why they haven't really touched it for the 25th as they know it'll be their next big project? No idea if it's possible with funds but now its under the Walt Disney Company maybe they could make it happen. Could also explain hotel price hikes and charging for breakfast to make more money for it all.

Either that or maybe the announcement of a new park in the resort? Sure I read somewhere ages ago that Epcot has always been planned for DLP. The resort has guest capacity for it I suppose with the 7 on site hotels and the off site hotels in the area.

Or perhaps I'm just being too optimistic  ;D
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

princesspiggy

There are new ambassadors, it got announced at the official Disneyland Paris YouTube Channel...

https://youtu.be/WoAdab8rcfM

whatsupanders

Quote from: princesspiggy on October 17, 2016, 01:39:09 PM
There are new ambassadors, it got announced at the official Disneyland Paris YouTube Channel...

https://youtu.be/WoAdab8rcfM

This was announced last week, so I don't think it'll be that. They also released a follow-up press release about the Paralympic team visiting the park.

Lolly_Belle

From DLP Guide - Disneyland Paris Guide on facebook:

Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary parade, shows and new attractions JUST confirmed! — Begins 26th March 2017

• A brand new daytime parade titled "Disney Stars on Parade" with new floats, costumes and music.
• "Disney Illuminations" replaces Disney Dreams! as a brand new nighttime spectacular featuring scenes from The Little Mermaid, the new Beauty and the Beast film, Frozen, Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean.
• Two new shows: Mickey Presents: "Happy Birthday Disneyland Paris!" and a Shimmering Princesses' Waltz on Royal Castle Stage
• Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain confirmed to replace Space Mountain: Mission 2 from "Spring 2017"
• New attraction Star Tours: The Adventures Continue also forms part of the celebration
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

MrsRoachy

Eeeek, will mostly be there when we go in April then. My girls will love the Shimmering Princess Waltz and I'm sure we'll all love the new parade and night time show

dejmurph1

From ED92 Twitter feed...............

Looks like
Hyperspace Mountain
New parade is called 'Disney Stars on Parade' and will feature new floats, costumes and music!
Disney Illuminations" will replace "Disney Dreams" when the 25th Anniversary Celebrations start on March 26, 2017

whatsupanders

Full press release:

It's official: Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary Coming in 2017 – It's Time to Sparkle
Disneyland Paris will celebrate its 25th Anniversary starting from 26th March 2017.

New Guest experiences to include sensational new attractions, a grand celebration with the beloved Disney Characters, a brand new Parade and a breathtaking new night time spectacular. Extra surprises and features to be announced. Join the celebration with a multitude of new shows from morning through to night where Guests are sure to be amazed! A brilliant anniversary celebration beyond your imagination awaits you during the 25th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris.

Beginning March 26th 2017, Guests at Disneyland Park will experience Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. The new attraction will take Guests on an all-new, action-packed intergalactic voyage, all in 3D... Epic. Based on the Star Wars™ films, Star Tours will take Guests to multiple Star Wars destinations where they will interact with characters from throughout the Saga.

Every destination will offer unique surprises with journeys through the worlds of Jakku, Hoth, Tatooine, the Death Star and more! Guests will be able to enjoy the attraction multiple times without knowing where the Force may take them. And all of the storyline's twists and turns will be random, affording Guests the chance to ride the attraction multiple times.

Guests will also be able to join the Rebel Alliance by becoming the drivers of Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain1 (Disneyland Park). The Force will be strong with this attraction, which hurtles through the Star Wars galaxy, following the twists and turns of TIE fighters and an intimidating Star Destroyer.

Also arriving in spectacular style in 2017, Disneyland Park's new Parade Disney Stars on Parade, where favourite Disney Stars, together with stunning new floats, create magic and happiness for all. Guests will also be able to discover a new show Mickey presents "Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris" at Disneyland Park where Mickey Mouse will start the celebration by assembling as many of his famous Friends as possible for a huge anniversary party. This festive show will take place daily for all guests to enjoy. In addition, fans of the Disney Princesses will be able to witness some of their most beloved Princesses as they host their own sparkling show The Starlit Princess Waltz at Royal Castle Stage (Disneyland Park).

Finally, as night falls, there will be another spectacular new event: Disney Illuminations. This new show, with dazzling lights, projections and breath-taking special effects, will be conducted by Mickey Mouse onto Sleeping Beauty Castle (Disneyland Park). It will transport Guests to a location where the stories of Disney's The Little Mermaid, Frozen and the motion pictures of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean will come to life before guest's astonished eyes.

What do Mickey Mouse and his Friends hope to achieve during these Anniversary celebrations? To dazzle all guests with amazement! This will no doubt be an opportunity not to be missed! Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary – It's Time to Sparkle.

Celebrations for the 25th Anniversary of Disneyland® Paris will start on 26th March 2017.

Puffin

Love the multiple storylines on Star Tours 2. And looking forward to the new parade and nighttime show too.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne