Hyperspace Mountain Coming to Paris

Started by whatsupanders, September 16, 2016, 10:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsupanders

Saw this posted on ED92: https://www.planete-starwars.com/actualites/actualites-divers-hyperspace-mountain-arrive-a-disneyland-paris--n17051.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It seems Hyperspace Mountain will be coming next year. I've been on the star wars overlays in Anaheim and Hong Kong, I think it's fun for a temporary attraction. I guess this could mean the spring upgrade of the ride will make it possible to do seasonal overlays, like in the other parks.

disneymagic006

Super excited to try this. Thanks for posting the information. Hope it's open next July when we go.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

Rocketeer

Guess that rules out the changes to RnRc then. Well at least from a Star Wars standpoint.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

YenSidBot

So excited for this ! Anything Star Wars related is a big plus! ;D
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

RockNRoller

Finally got around to watching footage on Youtube and I like it. It appears to use a lot of projection screens and I like the idea that it could be updated or seasonally adapted very quickly. Maybe to the point where each ride could be different.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

DisneyRon

Given that the European Space Mountain is a much more energetic ride, the EU hyper space mountain version could get pretty wild, imagine those "hyper jump" graphics along the launcher on the Columbiad Cannon. :D
I'm curious to see if they'll give the outside of the mountain a bit more of a star warsy look, or if it'll stay 100% Jules Verne inspired (which looks awesome, don't get me wrong).

Keep in mind that the DLP Space Mountain is the only one with inversions in the course (3 of them), and has a much higher top speed than the others around the world.

A&S&O

I wonder if they'll put a few stormtroopers in Peter Pan's ride?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

mrpiggywinkles52

News coming out today that Hyperspace Mountain will become a permanent attraction at Disneyland Paris. NOT a seasonal overlay, personally I'm alright with that HOWEVER they need to retheme the outside of the attraction, it cannot remain a steampunky thing if its gonna be a Star Wars attraction...

DisneyRon

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on October 07, 2016, 10:19:00 PM
News coming out today that Hyperspace Mountain will become a permanent attraction at Disneyland Paris. NOT a seasonal overlay, personally I'm alright with that HOWEVER they need to retheme the outside of the attraction, it cannot remain a steampunky thing if its gonna be a Star Wars attraction...

Well, there were rumours that the entire back corner of Discoveryland would become a bit of a Star Wars location radiating out from Star Tours, so it makes sense to make it permanent if you're going to have a permanent Star Wars presence anyway.
But I agree, they'll need to rework at least parts of the theming to match the ride more, at least on the inside.
In many ways the outside of this Space Mountain are unique and iconic, so perhaps they'll keep the changes to a minimum there, they can't exactly rebuilt the whole thing, or paint it entirely Star Destroyer grey or something.

This does have me wondering though, Hyperspace Mountain includes a lot of projection stuff, which opens the way for easier seasonal overlays, perhaps that means that DLP will get the Halloween Ghost Galaxy overlay as well. ;D

ChipandDale99

I am really looking forward to this. Just gutted it will be closed when I go in February.

Rocketeer

Uggghh I'm not a fan of it being a permanent fixture. Another erosion of the Verne-esque theme.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on October 08, 2016, 07:32:56 PM
Uggghh I'm not a fan of it being a permanent fixture. Another erosion of the Verne-esque theme.

Honestly since I'm a huge Star Wars fan I wouldn't be horrified if they changed it to Star Wars land, even though I'd prefer it stay Discoveryland. but that said they need to pick a direction and go with it, Not a fan AT ALL of having a steampunk-esque Space Mountain exterior with Star Wars inside, or the Hyperion showing Jedi Training academy etc.

Just convert the land to Coruscant and be done with it, make Space Mountain the Senate building, The hyperion the Jedi temple. Pizza planet Dex's diner etc.

Though obviously we don't have the budget for that...

Sulley's Arms

QuoteJust convert the land to Coruscant and be done with it, make Space Mountain the Senate building, The hyperion the Jedi temple. Pizza planet Dex's diner etc.

Not Dex's Diner - The Cantina, surely??  You could sit in the booth where Greedo chats with Han.  No brainer  ;D.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on October 09, 2016, 08:57:02 PM
QuoteJust convert the land to Coruscant and be done with it, make Space Mountain the Senate building, The hyperion the Jedi temple. Pizza planet Dex's diner etc.

Not Dex's Diner - The Cantina, surely??  You could sit in the booth where Greedo chats with Han.  No brainer  ;D.

Of course ;D How could I forget?