Photopass+

Started by TJBezz, October 03, 2016, 10:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJBezz

We saw this option when we booked last week. However we couldnt exactly understand how this works,
Could anyone explain this please? I already downloading the app

NCC1701Q

When you buy the Photopass+-package, you can use the card to digitally store all the photographs from both meet-and-greets with official DLP-photographers, as well as the onride-photographs.
So for one purchase you can add an unlimited number of pictures to the account.

There are 2 kinds of packages: the regular one (which is valid for 10 consecutive days) or the Annual-Pass-version which is valid for 365 consecutive days.

A&S&O

Once you have made the one off payment for the photopass, after the photos are taken and uploaded, you can download them for free and do what you like with them. You can also pay an additional charge and have them applied to all sorts of things.

They don't seem to mind people sharing the photopass card, in fact for the 10 day pass you get several cards, lanyards and a nice cardboard package for your party to use  :). For the AP version you get one pass in a paper envelope :(.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Ohana

I really really recommend not jumping into it and buying it, as there aren't a huge amount of photopass opportunities and sometimes there are even character meets without a photographer, actual scheduled meets, which I personally think is very poor.

Once you have your first photo taken you can request a temporary card from the CM and you just get that scanned at subsequent meets. You can buy the photopass even on your last day and all the photos from your temporary card will be transfered across. I did it this way as didn't want to drop fifty euros if I wasn't getting my money's worth. Hope this helps :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

A&S&O

Completely echo the above - there aren't many meet and greets with photographers, particularly in the Studios. Although, when you do find one they take 10+ great photos each time.

If you get ride photos, make sure they zoom into your faces so that you don't get for example a whole boat on Pirates or a whole elevator on the Tower. Also, they will take out non party members on photos of Rock n Roller Coaster and Space Mountain.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Puffin

At WDW there's photographers everywhere that make pro pics of you while waiting for the parades, on Main Street, in front of the castle, etc. If DLP would add these opportunities to Photopass+ it might be worthwhile.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

dlpowl

We bought the photo pass before we went because you get it quite a bit cheaper if you do.  We didn't regret it and came back with 120 photos on ours but we were there for 7 days.  It does depend on how many characters you plan on meeting.  If you're really into characters and plan to queue at most of the official meet points then it would be worth it but if you only plan on doing Mickey and the odd other one then you might not get a lot of photos.   It depends also, on how long your going for.  If you're just going for a few days then you're obviously going to get less than if you were there for a week. 

All the advice you've been given by the people above is spot on so it's really a matter of weighing up your own personal needs and how you plan to use your time in DLP and making the choice that best suits you.

Andybear

Quote from: A&S&O on October 05, 2016, 06:09:25 PM
Completely echo the above - there aren't many meet and greets with photographers, particularly in the Studios. Although, when you do find one they take 10+ great photos each time.

If you get ride photos, make sure they zoom into your faces so that you don't get for example a whole boat on Pirates or a whole elevator on the Tower. Also, they will take out non party members on photos of Rock n Roller Coaster and Space Mountain.

They do that with Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain too  :)

dlpowl

*WARNING AND ADVICE!*. Re ride photos!  Yes!  Indeed the staff at the photo desks WILL crop out other riders and zoom in on you but you have to make sure that whoever is doing it knows how to work the system because I kept going to the desk, getting it cropped and they'd scan my card but then, later on, when I looked on the app at my photo it was just in its original format. 

I tried to figure out what they were doing wrong and I finally realised when I got someone on Pirates who DID know how to do it.  Once they've cropped and zoomed, they need to go into a different screen and click SAVE.  THEN scan your photopass card.  All the other staff were just zooming then scanning my card.  I even went on to try to explain that they needed to SAVE it because I wasn't getting the zoomed images, i was only getting the originals.  It was a waste of time and despite going to the desk and getting my images zoomed every single time, I only actually got 1 properly zoomed image and that was the man on Pirates who knew what he was doing.  I was also told by one cast member that you could zoom the photos yourself when you got home.  You can't.  You can edit them in some ways but zooming isn't one of them.

So, all in all, we were disappointed with our ride photos and the staff obviously need more training on how to work the system properly.   

snowwy

We came back on Friday and all of our photos were zoomed/cropped without asking and they saved correctly.

I pre-bought the photopass+ as its £38 in advance or 59.99E in the parks, you get a voucher at check in which you can exchange for the photopass+ pass at any hotel shop or selected outlets in the parks and village.

We had 4 days in the parks and had 43 photos at the end, a combination of rides and character meets, the character meet photos were really good and you got a few at each one. I would say that 25% of the character meets had a photographer, at all others the CM was happy to take a photo for you. We only did the character meets that had short queues.

I was very happy as we love the ride photos but buying them individually adds up, we got one every time and then can choose the best ones to keep.

dlpowl

I wonder if there was a problem with the system when we were there then?  But that guy on Pirates definitely did something differently and there were a couple of other people I heard talking about it too.  Very strange.  I'd just advise everyone to check on the app soon afterwards to make sure because as I said, we only got one correctly cropped image out of about 15 ride photos.  Gutted.

Aurora1

We had the photopass last time we went, in 2014. I made sure to check it every night in the hotel. Sure enough there were photos missing. But on the same day, and saying about what time they were made, were ably to load them up anyway.
Might work better now, that was the year they started it I think...

Using the card in the park and deciding to buy one or not at the end is a really good idea! Forgot about that one. I bought it with my package now... Well hoping for short queues and pgotographers..

Zesty

It's a shame there aren't more photo opportunities.  Are there any current offers on them? I thought I saw a post saying people had a €20 off voucher but it was an old post.

jacmurphy

Can a friend borrow my photopass does anyone know as we wont be going at the same time
May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge

A&S&O

Quote from: jacmurphy on October 18, 2016, 03:44:18 PM
Can a friend borrow my photopass does anyone know as we wont be going at the same time

Yes.
Planning WDW 2019