New Captain America Meet & Greet

Started by whatsupanders, September 21, 2016, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatsupanders

Captain America will make his first appearance at Walt Disney Studios during the Disneyland Paris Half-Marathon Pre-Party. He will be stationed close to Rock'n'Rollercoaster. I would take this as the second step of testing out Marvel characters in the area, following the Spiderman meet and greet.

https://twitter.com/ED92live/status/778549500285710337

Nicola

Will this only be during that time or from then going forward?
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

MickeyAteMyCap

I'll be shocked if Captain America isn't a permanent meet and greet by next year. They'll probably add Iron Man before the 25th too. Who knows: maybe there'll even be a Captain America: Civil War show on the Castle Stage in Disneyland Park?

whatsupanders

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on September 22, 2016, 01:19:22 AM
I'll be shocked if Captain America isn't a permanent meet and greet by next year. They'll probably add Iron Man before the 25th too. Who knows: maybe there'll even be a Captain America: Civil War show on the Castle Stage in Disneyland Park?

I don't think you'll see Marvel characters in the main Disneyland park.

Rocketeer

^Agreed, the only place they'll be is in the Studios.

Maybe the introduction of Steve Rogers will finally spur them on to imrove that Backlot area. Ah.. who am I kidding? They'll just slap a lame backdrop up with those 'hot set' barriers and call it 'plussing'.  ::)

On a positive note, great to see them bringing Cap to the parks. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - they ought to use that expansion pad next to CineMagique and, at the very least, put a marquee tent up and make a more permanant Marvel meet'n'greet area.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

RockNRoller

Quote from: whatsupanders on September 21, 2016, 03:30:50 PM
Captain America will make his first appearance at Walt Disney Studios during the Disneyland Paris Half-Marathon Pre-Party. He will be stationed close to Rock'n'Rollercoaster.

Hasn't there been speculation about Motors Action becoming an Avengers/Agents of Shield stunt show?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: RockNRoller on September 24, 2016, 10:03:54 AM
Quote from: whatsupanders on September 21, 2016, 03:30:50 PM
Captain America will make his first appearance at Walt Disney Studios during the Disneyland Paris Half-Marathon Pre-Party. He will be stationed close to Rock'n'Rollercoaster.

Hasn't there been speculation about Motors Action becoming an Avengers/Agents of Shield stunt show?
It would certainly be preferable to Lightning McQueen.

samuelvictor

Captain America was doing a meet & greet / photo op at an Avengers background by RnR during the Marathon. The guy was absolutely brilliant and a really good sport at staying in character and playing along really well. I got some video of him as well as a photo which I'll add to the trip report I do of the marathoin once the Disney Photopass service updates itself.  :)