First time visit in January. Questions, questions, question!

Started by Starwars princess, September 13, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starwars princess

Hi everyone!

I've just booked my first visit for myself and my 6yr old son arriving 16th jan at CDG and staying for 4 nights at the sequoia lodge. I had booked a standard room but after doing some research I think I will upgrade to a gf room. So I have a BIG list of questions and would love some help please!

I'm undecided about transfers to and from CDG. Can TGV tickets be bought on the day? I think I'll wait and see what time I arrive before deciding which mode to take. Ideally, I would like to keep our destination a secret until we arrive at the gates and taking the magic shuttle would be a big give away.

Does anyone know how much the hotel meal plan is at the sequoia? The only info I can find says that the advertised price doesn't apply there. I am on a bit of a budget and can't decide if the plus HB option would suit my son as I know you have to eat at the higher end eateries to get the best value out of it.

And can anyone tell me how busy it is likely to be mid January and what the likely queue times will be?

I'm super excited for our visit, my son is star wars daft and I can't wait to see his face. (or have a cuddle with Chewy myself  ;D)

Thanks in advance!

Starwars princess

Oo, I forgot! If I upgrade my room, should I do that as soon as possible to ensure I get it or can waiting till nearer the time drop the price? Its currently about another £100 to upgrade for 4 nights.

Starwars princess

And how far is the train station from the sequoia? How forgetful am I?    ;D
My head it swimming with it all.

glenn

I can help with a few things.First I think the food vouchers are a waste of money unless you are big eaters,the plus vouchers cover three coarse meals in most restaurants or most buffet restaurants,plus you can only use them in Disney restaurants.
The sequoia lodge is about 10 mins from station,but there is a shuttle bus outside the station.
The golden forest rooms are very good,especially as you get a separate breakfast dining room that you can return to in the afternoon for free drinks and snacks.

lovindisney87

I cant help with any of your hotel questions as have never stayed there. I have been twice in January tho a week later than your dates and the queues have been quite low. There are set rides that always have a longish queue ie, ratatouille crushes coaster. Most of the rides we did by the time you walk round it your pretty much getting on the ride. Hopefully it will be the same for you. Have a great time 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

Starwars princess

Quote from: glenn on September 13, 2016, 06:39:25 PM
I can help with a few things.First I think the food vouchers are a waste of money unless you are big eaters,the plus vouchers cover three coarse meals in most restaurants or most buffet restaurants,plus you can only use them in Disney restaurants.
The sequoia lodge is about 10 mins from station,but there is a shuttle bus outside the station.
The golden forest rooms are very good,especially as you get a separate breakfast dining room that you can return to in the afternoon for free drinks and snacks.

Thanks glenn!

Starwars princess

Quote from: lovindisney87 on September 13, 2016, 08:43:29 PM
I cant help with any of your hotel questions as have never stayed there. I have been twice in January tho a week later than your dates and the queues have been quite low. There are set rides that always have a longish queue ie, ratatouille crushes coaster. Most of the rides we did by the time you walk round it your pretty much getting on the ride. Hopefully it will be the same for you. Have a great time 😁

Thank you!

CitrusZing

Quote from: Starwars princess on September 13, 2016, 04:59:44 PM
Does anyone know how much the hotel meal plan is at the sequoia? The only info I can find says that the advertised price doesn't apply there. I am on a bit of a budget and can't decide if the plus HB option would suit my son as I know you have to eat at the higher end eateries to get the best value out of it.

Hi,

I've just done a quick test booking on the DLP site with your dates.

Hotel Plan
The info & total cost the site has given me is:

Half Board (1 voucher per night for each guest above the age of three) is £148.00
Full Board (2 vouchers per night for each guest above the age of three) is £216.00

Info from the site:

QuoteHow does it work?

•   Book your meal plan at the same time as your stay (meal plans are not offered on-site)
•   For any Half-board reservation, on arrival you will be given one meal voucher per night by the reception, valid for the all-you-can-eat buffet in your hotel (dinner only)
•   For any Full-board reservation you will receive one extra meal voucher per night, valid in a counter-service restaurant for lunch (includes a main course, a side dish, a dessert and a soft drink). For guests at Disneyland® Hotel, this extra meal voucher will be valid in an all-you-can-eat restaurant in the Disney Parks (excludes drinks)

Other Information

•   You are advised to book your table in advance by calling our restaurant booking service on +33 (0)1 60 30 40 50 (International call rates will apply)
•   The buffets on offer include a wide variety of snacks that are also suitable for children
•   Don't forget: breakfast is included in your package, except for Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch®. If you stay at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch® and book a meal plan, breakfast will be included.

QuoteAdditional information

The restaurant available to you for dinner is (depending hotel):
•   Guests at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe: La Cantina
•   Guests at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne: Chuck Wagon Café
•   Guests at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch: Crockett's Tavern
•   Guests at Disney's Sequoia Lodge : Hunter's Grill
•   Guests at Disney's Newport Bay Club : Cape Cod
•   Guests at Disney's Hotel New York : Parkside Diner
•   Guests at Disneyland® Hotel: Inventions

The restaurants available to you for lunch are:
•   Disneyland® Park: Café Hyperion, Au chalet de la marionnette, Colonel Hathi's pizza outpost, Fuente del Oro Restaurante, Pizzeria Bella Notte, Toad Hall Restaurant, Hakuna Matata, Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, The Lucky Nugget Saloon.
•   Walt Disney Studios® Park: En Coulisse, Blockbuster Cafe
•   Disney Village®: New York Style Sandwiches

Plus Meal Plan

The info & total cost the site has given me is:

Half board Plus - 2 vouchers per night for each guest above the age of 3 (1 meal voucher + 1 Pause Gourmande voucher): £160.00
Full board Plus - 3 vouchers per night for each guest above the age of 3 (2 meal vouchers + 1 Pause Gourmande voucher): £280.00

QuotePlus option
With a large choice of restaurants, this plan makes it so simple to organise your stay!

Plus option
How does it work?

•   Book your meal plan at the same time as your stay (meal plans are not offered on-site)
•   For any Half-board reservation, on arrival you will be given two vouchers per night by the reception: one meal voucher valid for table service or all-you-can-eat restaurants +one soft drink (for lunch or dinner) and one pause gourmande (tea time treat) voucher (including a choice of one hot or cold drink and a sweet treat from our selection).
•   For any Full-board reservation, you will be given a second identical meal voucher per night and you will get a better price per meal
•   The menu available in the table service restaurants includes a choice of starters, main courses, desserts and soft drinks

Other Information

•   You are advised to book your table in advance by calling our restaurant booking service on +33 (0)1 60 30 40 50 (International call rates will apply)
•   Children's menus are available, as well as a wide variety of dishes in the buffet-service restaurants
•   Don't forget: breakfast is included in your package (except for Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch®). If you stay at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch® and book a meal plan, breakfast will be included.
•   Pause gourmande (tea time treat) vouchers are for use at some counter-service restaurants at Disneyland® and Walt Disney Studios® Parks, every day from 3pm to 6pm.

QuoteAdditional information

The restaurants available to you without a supplement are:

Buffets:
•   Disneyland® Park: Plaza Gardens Restaurant, Restaurant Agrabah Café
•   Walt Disney Studios® Park: Restaurant des Stars
•   Disney Village®: The Grange (at Billy Bob's Country Western Saloon)
Disney® Hotels: Parkside Diner (Disney's Hotel New York®), Cape Cod (Disney's Newport Bay Club®), Hunter's Grill (Disney's Sequoia Lodge, Chuck Wagon Cafe (Disney's Hotel Cheyenne®), La Cantina (Disney's Hotel Santa Fe®), Crockett's Tavern (Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch®)

Table service:
•   Walt Disney Studios ®: Bistrot Chez Rémy
•   Disneyland Park®: Silver Spur Steakhouse, Blue Lagoon Restaurant
•   Disney Village®: Annette's Diner, The Steakhouse, Café Mickey (with Disney characters)
•   Disney® Hotels: Manhattan Restaurant (Disney's Hotel New York®), Yacht Club (Disney's Newport Bay Club® ).

•   Meal plans may not be purchased for children under three. On-site, they may share their parents' meal or food may be purchased at the displayed price
•   Some restaurants may be closed during certain periods; we therefore strongly advise you to book your meals in advance, by calling our restaurant booking service on +33 (0)1 60 30 40 50 (International call rates will apply)
•   Specific menus are available. Please contact us for more information
•   Valid Disney Parks entry tickets are required for access to restaurants within the Disney® Parks
•   You can pre-book other meal plan options by calling our central booking office
•   The type of meal plan purchased prior to your arrival at the same time the package is booked, must be the same for the entire length of the stay and for the entire party
•   Meal plan vouchers and "Pause Gourmande" are not valid on 24th and 31st December.
•   The teatime treat (Pause Gourmande) is not combinable with any other offer or discount applicable on Half Board or Full Board Meal Plans (unless otherwise stated).
•   Meal vouchers are accepted in all Disney Park and Disney Hotels restaurants and in some Disney Village restaurants (except McDonald's®, Planet Hollywood®, Rainforest Cafe®, King Ludwig's Castle®, Starbucks®, Earl of Sandwich®), for their monetary value for a meal including a starter, a main course, a dessert and a soft drink, or for an all-you-can-eat buffet with a soft drink:
-If the price of your meal exceeds the value of the voucher then you must pay the difference (see conditions in the restaurants)
-No refund will be given if the price of your meal is lower than the value of the voucher
-Limited to one meal voucher per person per meal

Hope that helps.

DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Nicola

There are 5 of us and I have done all the meal plans and half and full board. Personally I like to know all my food is paid for before I travel so that we are catered for the whole time. I would say if this is your first visit basic full board is better than half board plus. From our experience 6 years olds can be too tired after a day in the park to cope with waiting for a menu then starters, main and desert. We actually did this on out first visit to DLP with children and the children where just tired and hungry. We found it much easier to eat at buffet restaurants covered in the basic vouchers you grab a seat and a plate and off you go no waiting plus if they are not in the mood they can just have a plate of sausages.

Burger and chips for 1 in a kiosk type thing is about 13 euro from memory and obviously 4 days of that can get tough. I remember kids meals being around 6-euro. If you can stretch to it I prefer the meals plans.
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

polar vixen

definitely recommended the plus half board rather than hotel only.  there's Loads outed Nice places to eat I  tge studios,     village and parks. having to go back to tge hotel for your evening meal each night can be very restrictive