First Stay at Disneyland Hotel//

Started by Nicola, August 19, 2016, 08:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicola

Hi Folks this will be our 4th visit to the park and its for MY Birthday which is awesome as with 3 children and a birthday in February I am always the one who has THE most dull birthdays.

Anyway we have booked our trip and for the first time we are staying in the main Disneyland Hotel, as we have 3 children we are staying the classic family room. Can you let me know what I can expect from the room and hotel. (we have always stayed in the Cheyenne before) we have eaten quite a few times in inventions but never stayed in the main hotel.

My main questions are:
What are the perks?
Is there a kettle (my youngest needs a warm drink to get him to sleep at night)?
How do I access the main entrance on foot ( we have always been lucky enough to sneak in a side door previously.
Any clues guys!

I can't believe I have never used / found the forum before it's awesome!!
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Karmaviolet

Sounds exciting...
We've just booked for DLH too (not until May/June...) and I'm really excited.  We stayed in Cheyenne last year... :)

Nicola

Snap we have always stayed at the Cheyenne before and I do really love it but when we went to Inventions last year, hubby was desperate to stay there. Who am I to say no  :P
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2018

caspdex

You will get 1 hotel fastpass per day for any ride with FP, but not between 1-4.30. You should also get a pair of slippers each. No kettle but you will have a coffee machine.
I'm not even sure if you can walk to the front door, presumably if you go round the back of the station there is a way.

Nicola

Great thank you. I may take a travel kettle I have no wish to give him coffee especially first thing!! Thanks
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2018

fairymom

Oooh I like your style! We went last May for my birthday and that's where we stayed.

There is a kettle, it's in the wardrobe.

The side(back) entrance is where you go in on foot. The front entrance is if you arrive by car.

Perks: At check in they take your bags and bring them to your room for you.

Slippers and bathrobes for the adults.

A large safe in the double wardrobe.

An nespresso machine.

Turn down service - you come back from the parks to the curtains closed, low lights on, the sheets turned back and chocolates on the pillows.

Breakfast buffet is amazing.

One fast pass per guest per day.

Lovely pool and steam room/saunas.

There is nothing, nothing to beat coming out of the park after dreams and being in you room in under 2 minutes.

There is even a fresh rose in a vase in the bathroom.
The CM's were above and beyond helpful, friendly and courteous.

My top tip: email them before you go and tell them you are confirming your reservation and how much you are looking forward to your stay because it's your birthday. I did this (it was also our 10th anniversary and my daughter's birthday) and we got tsum tsums in our room and large bottles of mineral water. The kids got a voucher each for a pin/balloon/autograph book.
I've heard of some people even being upgraded for free for special occasions!

It was the most magical trip, you really do feel special staying in the DLH.

Nicola

Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2018