We've booked!

Started by DisneyMumOf1, June 28, 2016, 10:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyMumOf1

Yay! I've just booked our holiday for January next year ;D I'm so excited. We're going back to Sequoia Lodge and have paid for a Golden Forest Lake view room again. Me and the hubby have found Sequoia Lodge's music that they play on youtube and are currently chilling out to that to get us all excited. But the best bit is this time round my sister finally said yes when I asked if I can take my niece so it'll be her first ever trip to DLP. I'm excited to have a girl with us as usually it's just the husband, our son and me and they don't really get excited over the princesses like I do. So a trip to the Princess Pavilion is on the cards, any tips on this would be greatly appreciated as I've never visited the Pavilion before.

Booked a character breakfast on our last day and decided that this time we'll meet a few characters as we wasn't to sure how our son would react last time so didn't push the matter, but after him asking to meet Micky and Minnie on our last day on our previous visit it's made up my mind to do a bit more character spotting this time round. Autograph books at the ready!

Oh I really can't wait. Wish we were going now!

SophieMiddleton

First of all, congratulations on booking your trip  :D

My number one tip for the Pavilion is to make sure you don't promise that the kids will meet a certain princess as it's a total surprise who is inside. They are supposedly introducing a board saying who is inside but they do rotate (and probably will whilst you're queuing!) and there's nothing worse than tears because the board said they'd meet Belle and it's Cinderella instead! If you go into the park for extra magic hours, I would definitely linger around that area as the queues get massive and that's your best chance of having a shorter queue! Hope this helps  :D

MrsRoachy

We recently returned and found the best way to queue for the princess pavilion was to be there from just after 8 in the extra magic hours. We went twice, once we queued from 8.30 and didn't see a princess until 11.30 (the queue behind us was huge so I dread to think how long they all had to wait). 2nd time we were there just after 8 and were out by 1010. We took it in turns to stay in the queue while the other took the kids on the rides.

gingerdoo4

We've just returned from and for the princess pavilion, me or my wife started to queue at 8.30; with a good book; during magic hours while the other took the kids to some rides and went back to the queue at 9.45. We were then out by about 10.15 both times.
When we walked in at 10 the queue was already at 2hours wait time. If you are organised and prepared to be early it works out well.

Hope you have a good trip.

magicmum

How exciting! We are also going in January next year & staying at Sequoia!
I've been told that Jan is generally a quieter time to go, so it should be a good time to try the princess pavilion.

If you can stretch your budget, you may want to try Auberge too - she will see 3 princesses and a prince, plus Cinderella's mice. It is very expensive, but from what I have heard if you have a little girl who loves princesses it is supposed to be worth every penny!!

Don't forget the parades, some princesses in these. And I believe Alice is sometimes outside the maze in fantasy land which is quite nice.

I'm not sure if Stars in their Cars is still going in the Studios park, but when we went there was some unusual princesses in this show - we saw Mulan & Jasmine.

And don't forget some very girly, sparkly Minnie ears!!

Have a wonderful time!!

Lozzie

We're going in January too! Staying at the Cheyenne. We're also taking two friends who have never been to a Disney Park before so I'm excited to break them in hehehehe!
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!