Beauty and the Beast attraction

Started by Rocketeer, May 25, 2016, 09:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Frozen Forever After is now open. Have to say that its more of a Fantasyland attraction than World Showcase, so if it were to be added to the Parisien Fantasyland, I wouldn't object.

And, regardless of what you think of Frozen itself, wouldn't it be great if we had some dark rides in DLP that had such cutting edge AA's?

Video (includes the queue)
https://youtu.be/f7ZnvWVW_yk

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

mrpiggywinkles52

Absolutely stunning, man I hope we get some updated attractions, the ones we have are classics but we have to move with the times, I'd love to see complete overhauls of say Snow White with modern animatronics rather than statues...

samuelvictor

Wow the anamatronics on that Frozen ride are amazing! Looking forward to our first Epcot visit as a family later this year so hopefully will see it there, but would love to see this or something similar in DLRP :D

Rocketeer

While the AAs are great, I think its quite obvious that they fit the attraction around the existing Maelstrom track. Just sayin'.... just imagine a Frozen dark ride, built from scratch in DLP Fantasyland.

And I agree mrpiggywinkles, no need for the 7D Mine Train, just update our existing Blanche-Neige with those new AAs. Surely it'd revive some of the old attractions for less than a complete new attraction.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

dazzle_v2003

The AA's look amazing in Frozen Ever After and as much as I love the classic rides in DLP. It does need to move with the times and either update the AA in our classic dark rides or create at least one new Fantasyland dark ride with these new AA's in. They look so cool.

I love the Frozen Ever After ride and I would happily transfer that to DLP in fantasyland in a mini Frozen land.

dejmurph1

Hope this attachment comes out ok.....planned Beauty & Beast Ride at DLP from 1992.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 25, 2016, 07:28:24 PM
While the AAs are great, I think its quite obvious that they fit the attraction around the existing Maelstrom track. Just sayin'.... just imagine a Frozen dark ride, built from scratch in DLP Fantasyland.

And I agree mrpiggywinkles, no need for the 7D Mine Train, just update our existing Blanche-Neige with those new AAs. Surely it'd revive some of the old attractions for less than a complete new attraction.

Some people would say it makes it lose the classic Dark ride feel but I say stuff that, I think Walt might actually be a little annoyed that some of his original attractions had remained unchanged since the 50s, he loved change and updating things and moving with technology, If I was riding Snow White for the first time I'd be unimpressed cos its just a bunch of statues right? Kids nowadays would be somewhat the same. but when I see Frozen, Shanghai Pirates, 7 Dwarfs Mine train and the animatronics in that I think "WOW THATS AMAZING", its the perfect compromise, they keep the entire ride virtually the same but just add some better animatronics and maybe a little projection mapping at some parts.

perrollaz

Quote from: dejmurph1 on August 01, 2016, 03:33:50 PM
Hope this attachment comes out ok.....planned Beauty & Beast Ride at DLP from 1992.

Ah you too own the old map  :D
I wonder how much free space there really is left and what of this area is used as backstage.
But anyway, would be a perfect fit.

dejmurph1

Yes I do. I have it since I first visted the park the year my daugher was born in 1992.(every year since)  She will be celebrating her 25th birthday also and we have a great trip planned with our new grand daughter. I have the map hanging on our wall in wooden frame.

perrollaz

Quote from: dejmurph1 on August 01, 2016, 11:03:09 PM
Yes I do. I have it since I first visted the park the year my daugher was born in 1992.(every year since)  She will be celebrating her 25th birthday also and we have a great trip planned with our new grand daughter. I have the map hanging on our wall in wooden frame.

WOW, how lovely! There seem to be the Disneyland virus in your family  ;)
Hope you'll post a trip report then  :)

How is it to spends day in the parc with the very little ones? How can you distract them while waiting in line? Does that work?

I'm following Disneyland Paris since they started construction, remember very well when they announced that in Disney Club tv.

dejmurph1

When our daughter was very young we always brought our baby sitter with us on our trips. We used to always stay at Camp Davy so the extra cost was usually just for the flight. But from 3 or 4 years on it was easy and never seemed to be any trouble. Disney in our blood alright. We have visited the park at least once  every year since it opened and one year 4 times. WE have a room full of Disney memorabilia. We have celebrated my 40th and 50th birthday there, my wife's 40th and 50th birthday and our 30 years wedding anniversary. Also my daugther's 18th and 21 st birthdays. For most of those of these celebrations we were joined by family and friends. It is truly part of our lves.  :)