Halloween

Started by Terry, July 29, 2016, 09:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

Planning on going again for Halloween been 4 times in the last ten years dose any one have any info what's happening this year like if the pumpkin men are  here this Halloween

Shirley

Hi Terry we are going for Halloween also :-) This year first time visiting at this time so I can't answer your question but I was wondering if u might know what time the park normally close at this time of year

solo_beckett

I've seen nothing yet about the halloween plans but the park is usually open until 10pm for the school holidays and of course a separate ticket is required for the after hours party on halloween night.

CaptainKennySparrow

Hi there :)

Im going for my 2nd halloween this year! The halloween soiree tickets is a special ticket event where you can enter the park ni costume from 5pm however the party usualy doesnt kick off till half 7!

It is some atmosphere btw
Take what you can....give nothing back.

dancewithme

We went last year in the Halloween season, but this year we are going for the Halloween Soiree and couldn't be more excited! All we keep doing is random outbursts of "'Alloween, 'alloween, 'alloween, 'ALLOWEEN!".

CaptainKennySparrow

I will say one thing,

with the Soiree make sure if you have kids to keep them close to you, the disneypark shuts most of their street lamps off and we had to use our phone lights to get through certain things. Also quite a few people dont obey the rules and dress up as scary things, with the intention of scaring families. Some idiot in a scream costume jumped out on my little girl and i grabbed him to shove him out the way.

Also if you are a disney character, folk will not ask you for a pic, folk will PUSH their kids to you for a picture, you have got to be firm and say NO or just walk away. When I was lining up for the POTC ride i had a woman constantly prod me for a pic and my wife had to tell her a certain swear word in french for her to go. End of the day these people want pics because they cant be bothered waiting hours for a cast member and if youre caught posing with others as the character you will be quickly removed from the park. I saw somenoe as cinderella getting a right telling off, but it wasnt her fault, all these parents started pushing their kids in her face.

if anybody has any questions about the soiree because ive been a few times then please inbox me or send me an email on captainsparrowsavvy@outlook.com

My family didnt have the greatest time at the soiree last year due to how it was run but now we are more savvy and know the bits to avoid :)

ClaireBrody

Hi

I have no been to dlp before but I am planning a trip for next year and can't decide whether to go for Halloween or Christmas, as I love both holidays.

Could anyone tell me what shows etc to expect if we went at Halloween?

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: ClaireBrody on August 04, 2016, 02:10:12 PM
Hi

I have no been to dlp before but I am planning a trip for next year and can't decide whether to go for Halloween or Christmas, as I love both holidays.

Could anyone tell me what shows etc to expect if we went at Halloween?

theres a special villains show which is quite good. If you go for the soiree night there is a minnie mouse pirate party, a special princess and the frog show, goofy does a drum show with skelingtons and also a parade in the evening :)

Miniminnie

We are also going for Halloween, have previously visited for Halloween in 2014. Looking forward to seeing the plans for this year. I have seen a rumour that the Cheshire Cat is meeting in fantasyland and that casey's corner will alternate between Stitch and Daisy.

Shame that It's a Small World, Thunder Mountain and seemingly crushes coaster wil be closed for our visit!

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Miniminnie on August 05, 2016, 02:49:08 PM
We are also going for Halloween, have previously visited for Halloween in 2014. Looking forward to seeing the plans for this year. I have seen a rumour that the Cheshire Cat is meeting in fantasyland and that casey's corner will alternate between Stitch and Daisy.

Shame that It's a Small World, Thunder Mountain and seemingly crushes coaster wil be closed for our visit!

on the disney website it does not show small world, crushes coaster being closed during halloween, where did you get this from because on the official disney website it doesnt state those rides?

CaptainKennySparrow

http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

there you go :)

this is whats being refurbed or closed at that time
Big Thunder Mountain
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing
Discoveryland® station(2)
Star Tours Disney's
Hotel Cheyenne®(3)

Miniminnie

I found this on the Disneyland Berry Twitter - not sure how reliable this source is.

twentythingamabobs

Oh no Crush better not be shut!!!   :o :(

Miniminnie

The dates on the post were 3rd-19th but please don't quote me on this - may just be a Twitter rumour. Really hoping it's open!

twentythingamabobs

Ah Minnie, I hope it's not tru,e for your sake!  We don't arrive until 30th, but it would be a massive shame for it to be closed when you're there. I always feel like it's such a special ride with it being unique to DLP. I feel dead proud whenever I go to another Park and they don't have it haha.