Return of the Rocketeer

Started by Rocketeer, July 28, 2016, 08:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

'The Rocketeer' Reboot in the Works From Disney
The project, in the early development stages, is being looked at as a sequel-reboot and will be headlined by a black female character.
The project, in the early development stages, is considered a sequel-reboot and, in a modern-day twist, will be headlined by a black female character.
The new take keeps the story in a period setting and offers a fresh view on the characters. Set six years after the original Rocketeer and after Secord has vanished while fighting the Nazis, an unlikely new hero emerges: a young African–American female pilot, who takes up the mantle of Rocketeer in an attempt to stop an ambitious and corrupt rocket scientist from stealing jet-pack technology in what could prove to be a turning point in the Cold War.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rocketeer-disney-movie-reboot-works-915037

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyRon

a sequel is one thing, but yet another reboot....
What is Hollywood doing these days, there's hardly any creative stuff coming out anymore.

daddyof2

And the reboot won't have the lovely Jennifer Connelly....sigh....

Rocketeer

I'm just happy it's staying within the time of the first film. When I first read the article I saw "modern twist" and thought it was going to be set now - which would be unnecessary.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney