Pirates of the Caribbean 2017 refurbishment (EEP)

Started by msRavenswood, July 28, 2016, 08:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigglad

I so love this ride. I really hope they don't over do it and take the rustic adventure away with too many hi tec stuff added. Really gutted this will be closed though for my next visit in Feb next year, my family will miss this ride.
Disneyland Paris is a beautiful place, a dream,
somewhere where you act like a child again and
forget about whats going on for a while.....

DisneyGagaChick

I hope they don't tech it as much as the Shanghai version.

Rocketeer

Via ED92

QuoteTony Baxter (Senior Vice President, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Development) confirmed at a conference at the "Contemporary Hotel" of Walt Disney World that Disneyland® Paris is currently working on an update on the famous scene Duelists who have been absent for many months in Pirates of the Caribbean.

More generally, the whole attraction will be re-imagined in 2017 for an even more immersive experience to discover in July of the same year.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

RockNRoller

Havent they previously mentioned water projections like they use in Disney Dreams?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

whatsupanders

Quote from: RockNRoller on November 20, 2016, 09:58:19 AM
Havent they previously mentioned water projections like they use in Disney Dreams?

The other PotC rides have this, so wouldn't be surprised.

RockNRoller

Something about Barbossa or Davey Jones projected near the first lift section rings a bell.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Rocketeer

I suppose its possible something from PotC V 'Dead Men Tell No Tales' could be added.

Then again, when was the last time that Paris was ahead of the game on such things?

EDIT: With the exception of the first Parks appearence of Moana of course.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MattR

Quote from: RockNRoller on November 20, 2016, 03:17:43 PM
Something about Barbossa or Davey Jones projected near the first lift section rings a bell.

Yes there is a projection on a water curtain but nothing that adds real value to the ride.

Rocketeer

This is a little OT, but I think this can be of some relavence.

I've posted this in the World subforum, but.... if this is the kind of detail in AA that Glendale can do now, what can they do with the Duelling Pirates?

And, the Anna and Elsa AAs in Frozen Ever After are the first electronic ones (not hydraulic) so the times they are a changin'

https://youtu.be/FInYxXpbJMg

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: Rocketeer on November 20, 2016, 07:25:23 PM

I've posted this in the World subforum, but.... if this is the kind of detail in AA that Glendale can do now, what can they do with the Duelling Pirates?

And, the Anna and Elsa AAs in Frozen Ever After are the first electronic ones (not hydraulic) so the times they are a changin'

https://youtu.be/FInYxXpbJMg

Oh that is just incredible, whether or not we'd have the budget...who knows. I'd worry though that they'd look out of place if they were this good in comparison to the rest of the ride, if we updated all the animatronics (we'll have to at some point anyways to stay relevant) I'd be all for it

tubbsy

FYI - I have just rung to book in August.
CM mentioned POTC being down.
I said I thought it was going to be up and running again by mid July.
She said there is talk it could be down for the year!

Slightly ::) as family wanted to eat in Blue Lagoon!  :'(

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

disneymagic006

Quote from: tubbsy on January 26, 2017, 08:12:03 PM
FYI - I have just rung to book in August.
CM mentioned POTC being down.
I said I thought it was going to be up and running again by mid July.
She said there is talk it could be down for the year!

Slightly ::) as family wanted to eat in Blue Lagoon!  :'(

Oh no. I hope that's not the case. We've booked end of July and POTC is one of our favourites. Was gutted that they shut it for our 2005 visit. It's one you really miss! Fingers crossed they stick to the July plan
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

Mtlchuck

Quote from: Rocketeer on November 20, 2016, 07:25:23 PM

What can they do with the dueling pirates? I sadly believe they will be replaced by Jack Sparrow - They probably don't have the time or money to replace them with highly advanced and reliable AA's, and since the Jack Sparrow figures have already been developed, I have no doubt one of them will take a position in their former spot :(.

Beatles

No!!  We went 5 years ago and it was closed then, going again next Month and will be missing it again  :'(