Fastpass and Touring Plans

Started by CaraM, July 21, 2016, 05:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaraM

Hi Everyone! Our trip is just one month and one day away and I am SO EXCITED! We are staying GFC at SL. I understand that we get one FP per person per day. Can this be used for any rides that have FP?  We have 2.5 park days, and will use EMH 2 days at DP for sure.
Does anyone have a strategy for getting more in the day?
I am used to WDW FP+ and not being able to plan this is stressing me out  :o
My boys are 5 and 8, and are too short to do Space. The little guy is too short for RRC, and potentially Crush.
Any help from anyone who's been recently would be so appreciated!

CaraM

Hey guys! Just hoping someone can help me out with this!  :D

msRavenswood

You can use your Hotel FastPasses on any of the rides that offer the service. Hotel FPs are valid all day except between 1:00pm and 4:00pm.

Since you're staying in a Disney Hotel, make sure you take advantage of EMH, you can save lots of time.
As for the FPs, there aren't many rides in Disneyland Parc you can use them on. BTM and Star Tours are closed for refurbishment when you're visiting, you can do Peter Pan's Flight and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast during EMH (unless they are not included at the time of your visit) so that leaves Indiana Jones et le Temple du PĂ©ril and Space Mountain which require you to be 1.40m and 1.32m tall respectively and thus your boys can't ride them.
So, you either use your FPs to ride Peter Pan's Flight and Buzz Lightyear many times during the day or you can use them in the Studios. Best use there in my opinion is at Ratatouille where the waiting lines are always long and since you're visiting in August I suspect it will be super busy. You can also use them on The Tower of Terror, not sure if it's your cup of tea though. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster also has FP accessibility but you have to be 1.20m tall to ride it, not sure how tall your boys are and if they're into rollercoasters. Finally, there's Flying Carpets over Agrabah, a ride similar to Dumbo, but I wouldn't waste my FP for it.

I hope I have helped a little. Have a wonderful time!  :D

CaraM

Thanks for your repl! As we have 4 days of tickets and we are 4 people, does that mean we get 16 FP to use during our stay in total? Toe is it limited to 4 per day? Knowing this will help me plan greatly!

ChipandDale99

In dlp you cannot get another fastpass until the one you had got runs out or after a certain amount of time (sorry that doesn't make great sense). For example. Say at the beginning of the day 10:00 you went and got a rataoullie FP for 12:30 using your park ticket. You can get another one but only after 12:30. You can do this until the fast passes run out basically. There are only a certain amount per time slot. So as it will be quite busy fastpasses using park tickets will run out quickly at rides. This is where the hotel fast pass really helps. These you will only get 4 a day. But may be useful if by the time you get to a fastpass ride it is at an inconvenient time.
I hope that helps. I sometimes feel my answers make no sense  :)

CaraM

Thanks so much, that does answer my question! I know about FP at rides and return times, etc. I was wondering about hotel FP, and now I've got it, 4 per day. Given we have these, we only need 1-2 more FP to get from the rides themselves for the rest of the trip. So all is good :)

caspdex

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on August 18, 2016, 11:13:51 PM
In dlp you cannot get another fastpass until the one you had got runs out or after a certain amount of time (sorry that doesn't make great sense). For example. Say at the beginning of the day 10:00 you went and got a rataoullie FP for 12:30 using your park ticket. You can get another one but only after 12:30. You can do this until the fast passes run out basically. There are only a certain amount per time slot. So as it will be quite busy fastpasses using park tickets will run out quickly at rides. This is where the hotel fast pass really helps. These you will only get 4 a day. But may be useful if by the time you get to a fastpass ride it is at an inconvenient time.
I hope that helps. I sometimes feel my answers make no sense  :)
Not quite true, you can get another fastpass two hours after getting your first one.
http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/guest-services/fast-pass/

ChipandDale99

Quote from: caspdex on August 19, 2016, 12:20:06 PM
In dlp you cannot get another fastpass until the one you had got runs out or after a certain amount of time (sorry that doesn't make great sense).
Not quite true, you can get another fastpass two hours after getting your first one.
Well that is what I said. "Until one runs out or after a certain amount of time."

caspdex

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on August 19, 2016, 04:36:09 PM
Quote from: caspdex on August 19, 2016, 12:20:06 PM
In dlp you cannot get another fastpass until the one you had got runs out or after a certain amount of time (sorry that doesn't make great sense).
Well that is what I said. "Until one runs out or after a certain amount of time."
I added the two hours and the link to add clarity.