25th News

Started by moebius24, April 25, 2016, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpiggywinkles52

I think no matter what its a step in the right direction for DLP to capitalise on things that are popular and current, look at the lack of promotional merchandise or characters for recent movies a lot of the time. Hopefully its a step in the right direction for that sort of stuff.

I think it fits WDS well, I still am not convinced that Star Wars land belongs in Disneyland in California, It fits better in DHS and in paris it would fit better in WDSP. Regardless I think it'll still eventually end up in Disneyland Park here but for now having it in the Studios is great, WDSP has no parade and no nightime shows, this is a huge step towards making it an actual Disney park, its had nothing like this, just bring back Stars and Cars and you've got a different WDSP!

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: msRavenswood on July 22, 2016, 03:07:40 PM
Such as?
Pirates of the Caribbean
Marvel
Tron
Disney live-action remakes of Walt Disney Classics
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I'm not saying they should get rid of Star Wars from the light show but mix it in with other stuff.

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on July 23, 2016, 07:29:12 PM
Such as?
Pirates of the Caribbean
Marvel
Tron
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I'm not saying they should get rid of Star Wars from the light show but mix it in with other stuff.

I'd agree if we had any of those things in the park, it could be a celebration of the Disney studios live action work but we don't, granted we had no Star Wars either but at least that's more marketable, I would've loved a Pixar show, would have made more sense with the theme of the park too..

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on July 24, 2016, 03:26:39 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on July 23, 2016, 07:29:12 PM
Such as?
Pirates of the Caribbean
Marvel
Tron
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I'd agree if we had any of those things in the park, it could be a celebration of the Disney studios live action work but we don't, granted we had no Star Wars either but at least that's more marketable, I would've loved a Pixar show, would have made more sense with the theme of the park too..
I don't see how it matters if the park includes them or not. Star Wars only just seems a bit limiting compared to the kind of mixture they could do.

Rocketeer

Given at how the new head of Parks and Resorts is finding ways to add Marvel/Star Wars/Frozen wherever possible, I think the chances of anything pre-aquistion being added to the parks is pretty slim.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney