The Muppets of Liberty Sq.

Started by Rocketeer, June 30, 2016, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

WDWNT are reporting that The Muppets are going to find a new home in Liberty Sq.
The Muppets are apparently coming to Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom. The rather lengthy facade refurbishment of the Heritage House seems to have been for this new attraction which will have The Muppets teaching and interacting with guests concerning U.S. history.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

Confirmed.

QuoteDisney parks have announced that beginning this fall, the Muppets will be part of an all-new live show, "The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History," outside the Hall of Presidents.
    Sam Eagle, the fiercely patriotic American eagle who is forever trying to set a high moral standard for the Muppets, will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, town crier of Liberty Square, as they gather outside The Hall of Presidents to present historical tales in hysterical fashion as only they can. From the midnight ride of Paul Revere to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Muppets appear throughout the day to share with Guests, their own unique take on the founding fathers and the birth of the United States of America. Featuring an original song and plenty of wacky Muppets humor.
http://www.slashfilm.com/the-muppets-live-show/

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

norhel

Quote from: Rocketeer on October 02, 2016, 04:41:21 PM
Here's a video of the show.

I like it to be honest. I also did see the other version of the show and that is also good.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Rocketeer

To be honest, I find it a little out of character for the land. Too many modern day references, they should have made them be of the time period. And how long before some Brit shouts "God Save the King!;D (Although they try and smooth things over with "England you're still our friend::) :) )

Joking aside, from a presentation perspective, its quite well done - especially the 'quick change' moments. Having said that though, I feel at the very least it should be indoors somewhere, and not ruining the theme of Liberty Square. Maybe that's just me being a traditonalist.

dencarter

I saw both shows at MK last month and adored them - especially the Declaration of Independence. I'm a massive Muppet fan anyway, but I was surprised by how well the whole thing worked.